Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

father

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverley

Beverley Report 6 May 2014 23:03

i am looking for a frank curtis who was in national service with a eric thomas in 1958/59

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 May 2014 23:11

Without further details, that's a difficult one to sort out.

When approx was Frank born, and where? Guesstimating age when he did NS, would born c 1940 sound about right, or would he have been born before then?

Do you have the names of any siblings he may have had? Any idea of which regiment etc? if so, one of the Forces Associations might be worth trying. Also Forces Reunited.

patchem

patchem Report 6 May 2014 23:33

If you look on free bmd;

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

for Frank Curtis, born 1939 - 1941, you will gain some idea of the number of possible births.

If his name was not Frank, but Francis, you have some additional births.

In addition, have you attempted to contact anyone with Frank/Francis Curtis, of appropriate birth year, in their tree on here?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 May 2014 08:42

Have you tried this site. He may have registered on it

Forces Reunited - Find Army Friends, Find RAF Friends, Find Navy ...
www.forcesreunited.org.uk/
You are much more likely to find your friends on Forces Reunited than anywhere else, but Forces Reunited is much more than just a reunion site, with great free ...

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 7 May 2014 08:59

Only men born before 1/10/1939 did National Service, my cousin born
1938 did his from 1959 to 1961.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 May 2014 09:49

Also, young men who were apprentices often had their National Service deferred until the apprenticeship was completed

Beverley

Beverley Report 7 May 2014 22:13

i only know his name as frank curtis he lived in Liverpool and had a brother called tony and that he did his national service with my uncle eric thomas in1958/59

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 May 2014 22:30

Is your uncle alive?

Can he give you any further info?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 May 2014 22:33

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1326423

Plus another thread which has been deleted

patchem

patchem Report 7 May 2014 22:45

On your other thread you mention Ashton.

There is a Frank Curtis showing on free bmd born in Ashton in 1941.

Kenneth has claimed that only men born before 1/10/1939 did National Service, whilst Reggie has pointed out that some had service deferred.

I cannot see any brothers for that Ashton birth, just a sister, unfortunately.

patchem

patchem Report 7 May 2014 22:54

If Frank was Francis and Tony was Anthony, and your dates of birth are earlier than Detective suggested, these are possible births for them:

Births Jun 1936
CURTIS Francis Wilson Liverpool N
Births Mar 1944
Curtis Anthony J Wilson Liverpool S.

OR

Births Jun 1938
Curtis Francis Roughley Salford
Births Jun 1942
Curtis Anthony R Roughley Salford

How old do you believe Frank to be, compared with your family members - older or younger than Eric?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 May 2014 23:17

Eric was born in 1938 if it helps and seeing as Salford is near Ashton I suspect the one with MMN Roughley is the one you seek.

Edit: Probably the Liverpool one.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 May 2014 08:46

Should such recent info be posted on here?

Wouldn't PM have been more discreet?

The man (and his family) may not be aware that he is alleged to have fathered a child........

Consider the potential distress if someone connected to any of the people detailed sees this.............................

Beverley

Beverley Report 8 May 2014 19:49

Thankyou all for your thoughts and help it is greatly appreciated i only know that when i was a baby i lived for a very short time in Liverpool and my aunties have told me that is where Frank is from so i have thought that is where he is from i know nothing else i was born in 59 and his brother is called Tony and he had a lovely family

Beverley

Beverley Report 8 May 2014 20:16

my uncle is dead who frank did his national service with

Beverley

Beverley Report 8 May 2014 20:16

my uncle is dead who frank did his national service with

patchem

patchem Report 8 May 2014 20:40

Have you looked to see if any of those possible Francis or Anthony births are in any trees on here?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 May 2014 21:44

Looks like the Liverpool one has a tree on here.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jun 2014 12:07

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1341151

Beverley

Beverley Report 15 Jun 2014 22:57

I have recently found out that Frank Curtis came from or lived in Crosby Liverpool and als had sisters as well as a brother :-( :-)