Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking For Brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Kelly

Kelly Report 23 May 2014 11:42

Hello everyone, I am trying to find my youngest brother who was adopted at birth I have limited info and I have checked Birth/Death/Marriages etc, but there is not even a trace for his birth, all the information I have is as follows, Stuart Colling, Born 17/07/1973, possibly born in Scotland, Mothers name Carmen. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I have been searching for him for 26 years and any information will be gratefully received. :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 May 2014 11:46

Welcome to the boards Kelly.

Have you put your name on the Adoption Contact Register? If you do this and he decides to look for his birth family it will be easier for him to find you.

You need the Scotlandspeople website for births in Scotland (although I do not know what years they cover). It is a site that you buy credits for.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 May 2014 11:47

If he was born in Scotland then his birth will be on Scotlands People website which isn't a subs site .

You have to buy units to find the ref and then order the cert through them

As he was adopted then put your name on the national adoption contact register

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 23 May 2014 12:53

??
1972 COLLING STUART PAUL INVERNESS /INVERNESS 231/00 0456

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 23 May 2014 16:44

If he married, and was still using his birth name, there are two possible marriages in Scotland, 1990-2013.
One in Dumfries in 2010, and one at Gretna in 2002

You would have to buy the certs through ScotlandsPeople to see the mother's name of either of these Stuarts, or else view them in person at the Scotlands People Centre on Princes Street, Edinburgh.

I'll PM you the GROS ref numbers in case you want to chance ordering them (these are so recent, and we are talking of living people.)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 May 2014 17:04

He was adopted, so what - realistically - are the chances of his still having the name with which he was born?

Kelly

Kelly Report 23 May 2014 17:08

Thanks every one for the advice and tips, I need to do a lot more digging and will start with the places you guys suggested :)

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 24 May 2014 03:36

HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE OTHERS
who have her on their family tree as Stuart may know his Birth mum's name etc

Also Carmen is on numerous Family trees on ANCESTRY

BORN GERMANY ?

SADLY
England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Transcription
First name(s) CARMEN RENE
Last name COLLING
Gender Female
Birth day 24