Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth mother Karen jones-Nicholas jones

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

samantha

samantha Report 18 Jun 2014 10:43

I'm trying to find my adopted half brother Nicholas jones birth mothers name Karen jones born between 1978-1980 at wrexham maelor that's all the info I have
Very much appreciated :)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2014 11:23

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register

If Nicholas knows he was adopted, and has any interest in tracing birth family, he may have done the same

Check if he's a GR member by looking for him at 'search all member trees'.....................under the 'search' button

jax

jax Report 18 Jun 2014 15:05

Welcome to the Boards Samantha

Not sure if it is me...but I cannot see any Nicholas Jones mmn Jones births in the Wrexham area during that timescale

Edit

Ok I found it on FMP

First name(s)
NICHOLAS
Last name
JONES
Birth year
Birth quarter
Registration month
Mother's last name
JONES
District
WREXHAM MAELOR
County
Denbighshire
Country
Wales
Volume
Page
1446S

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Jun 2014 00:08

If you do as Reggie suggested you will find there is a member called Nicholas who has Nicholas Jones born 1980 in Wrexham in their family tree. It could be a possibility that this is the person you are looking for.

I will send a pm to Samantha to let her know she has replies on here.

Kath. x

samantha

samantha Report 19 Jun 2014 21:44

Thank you everyone! No success as of yet but will keep
Trying

samantha

samantha Report 19 Jun 2014 21:47

How do I add
Myself to the national contact register? I'm new to all this

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Jun 2014 00:36

Check here for details of how to add yourself to the register:-

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Kath. x

samantha

samantha Report 26 Jun 2014 18:06

Thank you. There's a Nicholas jones on here born in 1980 I've messaged him so all I can do now is wait for a reply :)

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2014 18:15

There were two Nicholas Jones's born the same year in that area one in the 1st quarter and one in the 2nd

To be honest as you have not said exactly when he was born he could be either....the other one had a middle name

As the one above has an 'S' after the page number which normally means adopted (short cert) I would imagine it is the correct one

samantha

samantha Report 26 Jun 2014 18:31

The Nicholas I'm looking for never had a middle name

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2014 18:43

Quite often trees don't have the middle names added, so the one you sent the message to, could be the other one.....but hopefully it is not

samantha

samantha Report 26 Jun 2014 19:13

I really don't know
Where to start can
Anyone help me??

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2014 19:20

There isn't much else you can do...if he is interested in finding his birth family then he may have added himself to the Adoption Contact register.

Wait to see if you get a reply from the tree owner on here

samantha

samantha Report 26 Jun 2014 19:38

Would anyone be able to give me him any information on him at all? I've been searching since I was 16 that's nearly 11 years and still no joy!

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2014 19:43

Samantha

No one can give you information if his name has changed, that info is not available to anyone. Only he can access his adoption file

samantha

samantha Report 26 Jun 2014 19:45

Is there anyway I can go to the registry office and obtain his birth certificate or adoption?

samantha

samantha Report 26 Jun 2014 19:46

Ok thank you! How would adding myself to the adoption register help? I really don't understand

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2014 19:47

If you add yourself and he also has done the same they can then get the two of you in contact

samantha

samantha Report 26 Jun 2014 19:53

Thank you so much! I'll defo be adding myself :)

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2014 19:53

Even if you were able to get a copy of his birth cert, it will not tell you anything that you do not know already apart from his exact date of birth,,,,,as you do not know that they probably will not issue it to you