Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Josephine lynn turnbull age 20

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 7 Jul 2014 23:32

Looking for a friend of mine this is her niece put up for adoption at age 2 she despo wants to find her her dob is 6 July 1994 born welwyn garden city or Hatfield Hertfordshire -her surname will no doubt be changed as adopted hopefully not her first name if you know her or are her please contact me her aunt Maria is despo to make contact

patchem

patchem Report 7 Jul 2014 23:45

Have you tried to contact her through genes,as she appears to have her tree on here?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jul 2014 23:57

If she doesn't reply to a message sent through GR (as per patchem's suggestion) - has her aunt added her name to the Adoption Contact Register?

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Lynn

Lynn Report 7 Jul 2014 23:59

Thanks will get her to add her name to that and will search her name again on here

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jul 2014 00:06

Leave the place of birth blank - there are only 2 results, both entries made by a Josephine Lynn Turnbull.

Wait for a couple of weeks for a reply - you can always check if the message has been opened by looking in your 'sent message' box. An envelope icon means that it hasn't. Bear in mind that many people will be away on holiday at this time of year.

There is a fee to register on the Contact Register. £30 has been mentioned. It's worth having bit of patience.

Lynn

Lynn Report 8 Jul 2014 00:25

Thank you all been a while since I was on here as found my family back in 2005 and wasn't searching for her tree on her (silly cow I am) have now sent a message to her on here and will wait to see

jax

jax Report 8 Jul 2014 00:41

The membership number is only a year or so old so hopefully she still has the same email address

I take her birth mother knows your friend is looking for her?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 8 Jul 2014 09:51

https://www.facebook.com/people/Josephine-Lynn-Turnbull/100002539324847

more likely she will reply via GR

only one born in England & Wales

This must prove she wanted contact
. :-)

Lynn

Lynn Report 8 Jul 2014 13:33

Thanks guys and no the birth mother is my friends twin sister - but they not in contact Josephine sent a letter to my friend when she was 16 but a family member never bothered to send it onto her and my friend has only just found this out and is despo to let her niece know she wants contact with her

Lynn

Lynn Report 8 Jul 2014 13:37

Fairthorn I can't find her when I search my Facebook ? Help lol

Potty

Potty Report 8 Jul 2014 15:56

Lynn, clich on the link fairthorn has posted - that will take you to the facebook page

Lynn

Lynn Report 9 Jul 2014 23:09

Thanks have msg on fb also fingers crossed

jax

jax Report 10 Jul 2014 01:18

You would do better to send a friend request....she may not get notification of a message unless she is friends with you