Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

registeing birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Julie Ann

Julie Ann Report 11 Jul 2014 10:44

what does it mean when on the page number it says 2567A

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Jul 2014 14:57

It means that the record has been added to the page as an addendum so won't be in alphabetical order

Maybe the records office missed it off when they submitted their records and realised later

I have seen GRO pages with handwritten additions at the bottom of the page because they must show in the right quarters records

It's nothing sinister or odd :-)

Julie Ann

Julie Ann Report 11 Jul 2014 16:55

thank you for that

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Jul 2014 18:37

I've also seen this when the parents have decided to change the name of the child.

It's possible up to the child's first birthday to change the names and have the record amended resulting in a second entry for the same person. In this case, because one of the entries is a late registration it is likely that it will have a suffix page number.

Rose