Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My partners father by the surname of Titcombe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

clare

clare Report 22 Jul 2014 21:50

hi all
I have just started my search to look for my partners dad. Unfortunatley we have very little information on him but what we do know is as follows: he was last known in the Stoke Newington area about 40 ish years ago and his surname was Titcombe, he was Nigerian and we think just here in England studying to be a doctor and think he may have returned to Nigeria to finish his degree. if anyone knows anything or has any suggestions I would be very grateful.... feel like this could be a needle in a hay stack but has become more important to my partner as he lost his mother in December last year. Many thanks for reading :-(

patchem

patchem Report 22 Jul 2014 22:28

Welcome to the boards, Clare.

No information on his first name?

Any idea which university/hospital he was associated with?

Thank-you

clare

clare Report 23 Jul 2014 20:28

Hi Thank u for replying. Unfortunaltey we don't have a surname or any idea on were he studied would guess somewhere in London ?? long shot isn't it! :-(

clare

clare Report 23 Jul 2014 20:36

actually thinking about it prob would only be either Whips cross,Hackney, Barts or the Royal London ?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Jul 2014 21:09

Ancestry passenger arrivals lists a man born 1934 arriving from Lagos as a student and going to a London W9 address.

Would this be a possible age?

Gwyn

clare

clare Report 3 Aug 2014 19:37

hi Gwyn

yes this could be a possibility please can you tell me what I would do next ? have never done this before as you can tell!!
:-D

Gee

Gee Report 4 Aug 2014 09:28

Hi Clare

I'll PM you the details of the mans full name, it might ring a bell.

He married in 1969 in Middlesex, the marriage certificate will give you his occupation, I'll PM that too