Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Isabella Robertina Walker, Sunderland 1957

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2014 07:10

Hi, is anyone out there related to Isabella Robertina Walker who was in Sunderland in 1957? Trying to find family of my birth mother or any details. I was born in November of that year. Thank you.

patchem

patchem Report 21 Sep 2014 08:12

Welcome to the boards, Sarah.

Have you looked for a birth for Isabella using free bmd?

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Added:
Do you believe she was Scottish, or have any further information about her?

Thank-you

Added:
There is a birth in Easington in 1927 for an Isabella R Walker - possible?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Sep 2014 09:22

Have you got your adoption file . This usually gives details of the mum and her age etc. would would help you in finding her birth

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 21 Sep 2014 10:10

the one born in 1927 appears to have married in 1953

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Sep 2014 11:39

If she was born in England or Wales then the only likely candidate is the one born in 1927, but she married in 1953 so it would seem strange that you were born as a Walker as her married name was Fenwick.

This lady appears to have died in 1968.

There was a birth of an Isabella R. Walker in Carlisle in 1925 but she appears to have died at a young age in 1935.

Could your birth mother have been born in Scotland? You would need ScotlandsPeople website if she was.

You really do need your adoption file to see if it gives any more details of your birth mother.

Kath. x

patchem

patchem Report 21 Sep 2014 12:18

I could not see any births for Isabella R Walker on Scotlands People from 1920 to 1940 using the free search option.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 21 Sep 2014 13:24

We need to know from unknown whether Walker was the woman's maiden name.

jax

jax Report 21 Sep 2014 13:49

If the birth record I have found on is right then yes Walker is her maiden name

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Sep 2014 17:48

The birth record of the poster (going by the name when you click on "unknown") has Walker as the mother's maiden name.

Kath. x

Island

Island Report 21 Sep 2014 18:35

assuming the Isabella who married Mr Fenwick is the lady in question........

Perhaps Mr Fenwick is not the father and refused to be on the birth certificate. Meanwhile, Isabella was not able to reveal the true fathers name hence the mothers name only.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Sep 2014 21:28

That could possibly be the case Island but I would have thought that even if Mr. Fenwick's full name was not on the certificate as the father the mother's surname at the time was Fenwick and usually that would be assumed to be the baby's surname.

Of course it would all depend on what the registrar was told with regard to the mother's marital status.

This is, of course, all conjecture.

Kath. x

patchem

patchem Report 22 Sep 2014 07:12

Autumnleaves,

Unknown states she was born in November 1957.

What has a birth in the Apr/Jun quarter of 1956 got to do with her?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Sep 2014 09:15

Joan's birth is there Dec qtr 1957 mmn walker