Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Marion Grimshaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 27 Sep 2014 10:01

I am trying to find this person she was born in Bentham Yorkshire and was adopted in 1945.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Sep 2014 10:22

Have you looked on Search trees to see if she is anyone's tree

Edit she is in a tree owned by Karen

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Sep 2014 10:54

Are you a birth relative? If so, have you added your name to the Adoption Contact Register?

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Ruth

Ruth Report 17 Oct 2014 08:23

Thnx both for your advice she is my husbands half sister who was adopted at birth. I haven't approached the adoption agency as yet ! Just thought I would try G.R. as a long shot! :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Oct 2014 09:32

Shirley said that she was on Karen's tree - have you sent Karen a message yet? If you have, look in your 'sent messages' box - an envelope icon means that she hasn't read it.

Make sure that Margaret is on your own tree under her birth name, and keep your email address up to date with GR. Even if she strumbles upon the entry when you are no longer a member, she can still send you a message.

You could also find her birth entry on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/ and leave a message with a dedicated throw-away email address ie one not linked to your provider and free to obtain such as @hotmail or @gmail. Again, if she or family go looking, they might come across your message and contact you.

Has your husband asked SS to add his contact details to her file? Again, keep those up-to-date.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Oct 2014 12:11

Ruth Pm,d to say she is already in touch with Karen :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Oct 2014 14:47

Ruth

The adoption contact register is not the adoption agency

Ruth

Ruth Report 22 Nov 2014 22:56

Sorry I haven't been on my message board for a while. Thanks for all your advice, I will check the links out more after Xmas, when I will have more time ??

patchem

patchem Report 23 Nov 2014 12:37

Ruth,

She is approaching 70.

Your time may be running out.

Realistically highly likely to be still alive and in good health.

But you will be extremely annoyed/upset if your delay in looking misses out on a chance to meet her.