Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Sue Richardson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vera

Vera Report 21 Nov 2014 17:44

I saw your photo of your great-uncle-in-law Sgt Thomas Reed on the BBC Remembrance Wall (record 8945). He was my grand-mpther's brother. Please contact, so that we can share information. I have the original newspaper with the notice of his death.
Vera

jax

jax Report 21 Nov 2014 17:53

Welcome to the boards Vera

It is very unlikely Sue will see this even if she is a member

If she has a tree on here have you tried sending a message, by clicking on find out more next to her name?

jax

jax Report 21 Nov 2014 18:05

Ok I found the pic which was submitted in 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/remembrance/wall/record/8945

she looks to have a tree on here although again membership dates back to 2007 but worth a try

Thomas Reed 1894 Penshaw, Co Durham ... No Susan Find out more

Go to search top right of screen
search all members trees
enter Thomas's name and year of birth
search

then you should find the tree so you can try to contact her

Vera

Vera Report 21 Nov 2014 22:24

Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful advice, jax.
I sent a message to Susan Richardson (Member No. 5315638) but it went to a Susan Shelton.
Kind regards,
Vera

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Nov 2014 22:54

Don’t worry about it Vera - Its one of the vagaries of the GR system. One or other is her married surname!

As long as she has the same email address and is able to access it, she will get notification of your message.
You can check if it’s been read by looking at your ‘sent messages’. Unopened messages have an envelope icon next to it which disappears when the message has been looked at.