Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joseph Mitchell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joseph

joseph Report 2 Dec 2014 21:10

Hi i am looking for information on how to get my fathers date of birth.
His year of birth is on his marriage certificate but not the day and month, any ideas welcom.

Pam

Pam Report 2 Dec 2014 21:27

You need to purchase the Birth Certificate.

Providing it is an English or Welsh birth use
www.freebmd.org.uk for registration details and purchase the certificate from

www.gro.gov.uk and it should cost £9.95

EDIT: Apologies for incorrect information.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Dec 2014 21:43

His age on the marrige cert wil be at the last birthday so could be a year either side of the age stated

jax

jax Report 2 Dec 2014 22:02

Plus of course he could of lied about his age when he married.....which does thow you out a bit, as I found with my grandfather when looking for his birth reg

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Dec 2014 09:02

My mum too lied about her age even in her marriage certificate she is down as 21 when she was just 20

It was only when she passed away and I queried it with my elder sister who reg her death that she told me me mum had told porkies to cover up that her mum was preggers with her when she married .

In doing so she went the wrong way !!! as it still didn't add up .

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Dec 2014 09:16

When did he die?

Who registered his death?

Or, as this is on this particular board, is he still living?

Who was his father?

His year of birth is not on his marriage cert........his declared age at the time is on there.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Dec 2014 11:44

Welcome to the boards Joseph

English and Welsh Certificates should only be ordered from
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

If he was born in the last 50 years (I believe) you need the full date of birth to be able to order it!

As this is the Living Relatives board, is there any particular reason why you can't ask him? :-S