Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Living relatives of Isabella Watt.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Apr 2015 20:09

Not sure if I am posting this on the right board. My husbands Grandmother was Isabella Watt born in Stornaway in 1867c .on the 1881 census she lived at 69 church Street, Stornaway and was aged 13. Her Mum was Jane Watt, father George Watt, brother Peter, sister Mary Ann. Isabella married Alexander Mackenzie from Gairloch. Thank you.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Apr 2015 21:16

You have posted on the correct board, but as the events you've mentioned occured in Scotland, people would need to access the pay-to-view site Scotlandspeople to trace forward. They wouldn't have a subscription they could use.

Scottish records on GR & other sites only go up to the 1901 census - and you'd need to find births/marriages only found (in Scotland) on SP.

Try search all members trees for the people you know by their birth names. if anyone who you are not already in contact with lists them, send a message using the 'Find out more' button.

jax

jax Report 7 Apr 2015 21:17

Have you looked to see if any of these people are in any trees on here?

It is difficult to trace Scottish descendants as the bmd's are held by scotlandspeople which is a pay to view site

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Apr 2015 21:24

Thank you for your replies and help.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 7 Apr 2015 22:43

Does your husband not know the names of any of his aunts, uncles, or cousins?

Which of Isabella's children was his parent?

When did she marry? And when?

malyon

malyon Report 7 Apr 2015 22:52

Isabella Watt
Scotland, Births and Baptisms
Name: Isabella Watt
Birth Date: 12 Nov 1867
Birthplace: STORNOWAY,ROSS AND CROMARTY,SCOTLAND
Father's Name: George Watt
Mother's Name: Jane Weir
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11088-1 , System O

malyon

malyon Report 7 Apr 2015 23:02

George Mackenzie
Scotland, Births and Baptisms
Name: George Mackenzie
Birth Date: 25 Aug 1891
Birthplace: Kelvin, Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland
Father's Name: Alexander Mackenzie
Mother's Name: Isabella Watt Mackenzie

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Apr 2015 23:44

Thank you for replies, my husbands Mum was named Millicent Watt and was born in 1903 in Strath Gairloch. Thank you Jacqueline.

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Apr 2015 23:46

Should I answer as a message or a post, have not used this site for a long time and it has changed.

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Apr 2015 23:55

Will find out the names of his aunts, uncles and cousins and post them on tomorrow. He would like to know more about his Grandmothers side of his family he doesn't know any aunts or uncles on his grandmothers side of his family. He knows his Aunts and Uncles from his Mum, but would love to find out if he has any living relations from his Grandmothers side of the family. Should I try and come down from hid great Grandmothers side of the family, gets so confusing thank you for your replies. :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Apr 2015 08:35

Post on the thread, with a similar level of detail as you gave for Millicent. If he can remember names of cousins or aunts/uncles, then their names or that of their partners/approx year of birth as well.

If you've already accessed the 1911 census from Scotlandspeople, if Millicent had any siblings they ought to be shown on there. Unless its different from the English ones, it should also state how many children born to the marriage and how many alive.

Do you have one of grt grandparent's Death certificates? Don't they usually state the names of the children, or am I getting confused?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 8 Apr 2015 08:44

I don't think children are named on Scottish death certs..................parents are.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Apr 2015 08:55

Thanks Jacqueline - I wasn't sure.

So scrub the DC idea. On the other hand the death of the last grt grandparent to have died might be registered by a different relative.

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Apr 2015 10:46

Thank you for you help.

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Apr 2015 11:00

It is all very confusing. He knows his Mothers brothers and sisters names. Trying to trace from his Great Grandmothers brothers and sisters to see if he has distant relations that he does not know of. We have found out in recent years that his Mums husband who is the father of his half brother and sister died, their Dad died in 1936 and my husband was born in 1941. We have found ot with a lot of research and travelling up to Gairloch Scotland, that his Mum went with her two children from London to her family in Gairloch before the war and she was a widow then. It seems she had an affair with the local policeman who was married, became pregnant , she was sent back to London and gave birth to my husband. We have found out his real Dads name but sadly he had died before we found out. My husband was brought up with his Mum and brother and sister without knowing all this until the last few years.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Apr 2015 11:45

Transcription from Ancestry (no image to check against)

??? Isabella Watt in the 1871 Scotland Census

Name: Isabella Watt
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1868
Relationship: Daughter (Child)
Father's name: George Watt
Mother's name: Jane Watt
Where born: Stornoway, Ross
Registration Number: 88
Registration district: Stornoway
Civil Parish: Stornoway
County: Ross and Cromarty
Address: Moxend Farm
ED: 18
Household schedule number: 20
LINE: 9
Roll: CSSCT1871_15
Household Members:
Name Age
George Watt 53
Jane Watt 41
John Watt 17 - 1854, Anchtorkss, Aberdeenshire
William Watt 15 - 1856, Chpne, Sutherland
Frank Watt 10 - 1861, Stornoway, Ross
Peter Watt 5 - 1856, Stornoway, Ross <<<<
Elizabeth Watt 13 - 1858, Loth, Sutherland
Jane Watt 10 - 1861, Stornoway, Ross
Isabella Watt 3 <<<<
Mary A Watt 1 - 1870, Stornoway, Ross <<< Mary Ann?
Ann Murray 24 - Servant (employee)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Apr 2015 11:52

Mary Ann in 1891???

Name: Mary A Watt
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1870
Relationship: Daut (Child)
Mother's name: Jane Watt
Where born: Stornoway, Ross-shire
Registration Number: 374
Registration district: Logie
Civil Parish: Logie
County: Perthshire
Address: Cornton Vale Cottage
ED: 6
Household schedule number: 29
LINE: 13
Roll: CSSCT1891_114
Household Members:
Name Age
Jane Watt 62 - widow b Auchterless, Aberdeenshire
Mary A Watt 21

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Apr 2015 11:54

Jane in !901??

Name: Jane Watt
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1828
Relationship: Head
Where born: Auchterless, Aberdeen
Registration Number: 98
Registration district: Inverness
Civil Parish: Inverness
Town: Inverness
County: Inverness
Address: Kenneth St Ashland
ED: 17
Household schedule number: 247
LINE: 8
Roll: CSSCT1901_29
Household Members:
Name Age
Jane Watt 73

If it is the correct person, it's more than likely that one of her children lived nearby

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 Apr 2015 12:11

Thank you for all your information

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Apr 2015 15:15

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1351140