Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Half brothers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 18 Apr 2015 21:09

Hi
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend michelle Chaney who is searching for her two half brothers frederick Chaney was born in Lambeth In dec 1963 and john lee Chaney was born in 1966 they both have the same mother her maiden name was commons I have found their birth registrations but that's all we know they father was frederick chaney who lived in Lambeth he died in 1974
On john lee chaney's birth certificate it says adopted so maybe they were both adopted
We would be very grateful for any info
Thank you
Michelle

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Apr 2015 21:22

Have you tried search members trees to see if they may be in someone's tree

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2015 21:23

I presume you already know the Eric Commons who has John in his tree?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2015 23:48

There is a registration for a Gary J D Chaney also born in 1963 and mmn Commons. He too was adopted. Does Michelle know about him, or is it a coincidence?

Frederick had a middle name - Frederick J Chaney. As not all registrations of adopted children have an /s after the page number, you'll only know for sure if this happened by purchasing a copy of the certificate.

If Eric Commons isn't in contact with Michelle's known half siblings, suggest that she joins the Adoption Contact Register and hope that they have as well

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Apr 2015 23:48

If their mother remarried it is possible they took the surname of her next husband.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Apr 2015 23:53

Looks like all 3 took the new surname. Will PM the info.

Rose

Michelle

Michelle Report 19 Apr 2015 11:00

Hi
You have been so helpful
I did check out gary j d Chaney (it certainly got our hopes up at first thinking Freddie had a twin we didn't know about ) but the index info is wrong.
I haven't as yet checked if the mother remarried as we thought they had been adopted out
I will check out Eric's tree and hopefully it's the right john
Once again thank you for your expertise and time
By the way I think michelle is on the adoption contact register but if not I will tell her to join
Thank you