Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Guthrie Born 1946 Brighton::AUSTRALIA 1965

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 09:23

Can anybody help find the above person who emigrated to Australia 50 years ago? I have a facebook plea from his sister Julia Stevens here in the UK. Thanks in anticipation
jennifer

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 09:30

I just checked Free BMD and see Wandsworth was his place of birth. Sorry.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 May 2015 09:58

Online travel records only go to 1960 I,m afraid

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 10:07

Let us hope that one of our Australian members reads the thread when they get up! We don't have much to go on but an exact date of birth is good. He is on 2 members trees - one is the lady who is his sister and one other - a Peter Jamieson who she has probably checked with but I will check. Thanks Shirley.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 May 2015 12:15

Please remove the exact DOB

The info you have given is all that is needed for identity theft

Advise the sister to look in the Australian phone books

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 12:47

Whoops! How do I change it please?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 May 2015 13:08

Click on 'edit' on your original post, and just alter the title Nov 1946 is OK

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 13:19

Thanks. I should know better. Senior moment?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 May 2015 13:40

It happens........... ;-)

malyon

malyon Report 20 May 2015 21:26

David Guthrie
New York, New York Passenger and Crew Lists, 1909
Name:
David Guthrie
Event Type:
Immigration
Event Date:
Event Place:
New York, New York, United States
Birthplace:
Britain
Ship Name:
Mauretania

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 21:38

He went to Australia circa 1965 and got married there. Thanks anyway Yvonne

malyon

malyon Report 20 May 2015 21:44

cant see him on the passenger list only that one

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 22:19

The sister who is looking for him says he went to Oz 50 years ago and she did have a photo of him there with his wife - so if anyone can look for a marriage in Oz some time after 1965 it may give us a clue.
regards and thanks

jenVG

jenVG Report 20 May 2015 22:54

The David Guthrie who went to New York had different parents to our chap. His parents were Alexander Guthrie (1921) and Ivy Guthrie nee White.

RottenR

RottenR Report 20 May 2015 23:13

Could this be him

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/DetailsReports/ItemDetail.aspx?Barcode=7762264&isAv=N

Henry David b 1946 along with Ethel May

jenVG

jenVG Report 21 May 2015 09:02

Could not see that as it timed out. He was David Guthrie so don't know about a Henry. Thanks anyway.

Valerie

Valerie Report 21 May 2015 09:44

Jennifer -do try the' National Archives of Aus' again .... and 'log in again' - or pm me and I will forward the info.
Valerie
WAus

jenVG

jenVG Report 21 May 2015 12:33

That is him! His sister thought it possible was was using his mum's maiden name of White - possibly because of the desertion?
How can his sister see that information on Dept of Immigration?
Thanks

jenVG

jenVG Report 22 May 2015 11:00

We have learnt of a death notice in Geelong Advertiser Oct 2009 which may be him so that is being followed up on as I write. Hopefully it will be a different David Guthrie.Thanks to all.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 May 2015 02:23

Jennifer I had checked out death notices in the background when I read your post first

http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

there are several references to the death being published in the Geelong Advertiser but this one

GUTHRIE David John
Death notice 13OCT2009
Death (age) 54
Geelong Advertiser 19OCT2009

suggests it is not him I think? dob 1946 would have made him 63 in 2009

I'm somewhat concerned about all the personal info in the post by Carrie ... the person or his family might not want these details of his personal history displayed on the internet where search engines find them ... google finds this thread now on a simply search for his name and 'Australia' ... editing those details out now that Jennifer has seen them would seem wise