Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for brothers and sisters

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 01:42

I am looking for my brothers and sisters, we were all separated by adoption, I was 2 when this happened so I have no recollection of it at all. I have currently being contacted by one brother and I have no idea where to start looking for the rest so anyone that could it would be greatly appreciated.

All I know up to now is that our birth names was Hazel and that my siblings names are/was Rhiann, Denise, Donna, Simon and Daniel. Daniel and I have now being in contact but I have had no luck trying to find any of the others, any pointers to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Simeon

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Jun 2015 02:17

Simeon,

Where were you all born and what years?

Rose

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 08:14

All born in hull. I believe I've tracked there birth certificates on here less Rhiann. Simon I believe was born 1977, Denise 1979, Donna 1981, Daniel 1984 (in contact with) myself 1986 and Rhiann I cannot find.

Penny

Penny Report 12 Jun 2015 08:27

what was your original surname?

edit Hazell /Mackay

Does the name Selina fit in anywhere?

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 08:30

Hazel was my original surname

Penny

Penny Report 12 Jun 2015 08:37

Two LL's - Hazell - not being picky but correct spelling is really helpful

Are you aware that your birth was also reg in Mackay? As were Donna and denise

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 08:44

Selina does ring a bell but I am unsure as to why?

Sorry it's two LL's

Penny

Penny Report 12 Jun 2015 08:48

There was a Selina Anne hazell born 1983 with MMN Mackay- coincidence is she isn't your sister

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 08:50

I have heard the name mentioned before, perhaps Rhiann is a wrong name and it would explain why I cannot find her, selina may be my other sister.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Jun 2015 09:11

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register using the correct spelling of your surname

If your siblings are aware they were adopted, and have any interest in tracing birth family, they may have done the same

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 09:20

I'm going to do that tonight, I've not long seen that it exists. Thank you

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Jun 2015 09:24

If you hope for connections on here, use the correct spelling of the surname in your tree.

Use the correct spelling, and look for the names in GR trees

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 09:33

Much appreciated that you spotted that, I didn't even realise it was spelt wrong.

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 10:19

ok bombshell time.

the brother that i have contact with has just informed me that there were 4 more children after me which makes me 1 of 10! shocked isnt the word and hes going to give me more information when we meet up but he has said that he doesnt know there names.

my question is if the other 4 children were taken straight in to care would they have being still registered with the correct birth certificates ie under the name hazell?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Jun 2015 10:55

Simeon,,,,as yours and some siblings are registered in both surnames indicates that the parents wasnt married during this time, so if mr Hazell wasnt the father of further children they could be in the mothers maiden name or their fathers surname name or the surname the mother used at that time.

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 11:02

that makes sense.

i think i may of found 3 of the 4's birth certificates all under Hazell and the mothers maiden name being Mackay.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Jun 2015 11:03

As some of the births are registered as Hazell/Hazell, and some as Hazell/Mackay, and/or Mackay/Mackay the situation is far from clear as to who the parents were.

Do you have your own birth cert?

I think it would be £9.25 well spent to get a copy.

All births SHOULD be registered to show the mother's name, if nothing else, regardless of whether they were taken into care, or not.

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 11:04

i am going to presume that finding the 4 children after me is going to be a mammouth task because as they were more than likely taken straight in to care im guessing there adoptive parents have probably changed there names.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Jun 2015 11:06

It doesn't matter what the names were after adoption. Their births should still show up in whatever name the mother was using at the time

Simeon

Simeon Report 12 Jun 2015 11:07

Jacqueline,

i think thats one of my next steps, it will hopefully make things alot clearer.

i am pretty sure that the ones i have on my tree at the minute are the correct people as they are the only people with the right names that fit in to the right years and are from the right town.