Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Brady Sinclair of Wisbech

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 26 Jul 2015 07:32

I am trying to find any relatives of the above gentleman who was living at 4 Mansell Road, Wisbech in January 1985. His wife was called Nettie. I have these details from the will of my Uncle - William James Thomas Brady who lived in London and died in November 1984. I am trying to complete part of my family tree on my mother's side (she was Mary Sinclair Brady).

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jul 2015 09:19

Have you tried to find a birth, death or marriage for him, just to get us started?

This just shows the claim:
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/49956/page/16870/data.pdf

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jul 2015 09:27

not seeing a marriage to a Nettie That could be a nickname

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jul 2015 09:31

Was he born in Scotland - were your Mother's family from there?

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jul 2015 09:33

There are 2 George Brady Sinclairs born between 1920 and 1930 in Scotland - are these possibles for him?

Added : 2 births in 1924

1 marriage in 1944

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jul 2015 09:49

Still living, or died relatively recently?

http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp

record might refer to 2002/2003, but estimated age 92, so estimate out, or later.

Using 192.com for George Sinclair in Wisbech, he only shows for 2002, living with a Jessie?

Gee

Gee Report 26 Jul 2015 09:58

There is a marriage in 1974, Wisbech

You can check it out on freebmd

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jul 2015 10:00

In what connection was the man mentioned in the Will?

Was he said to be related?

It seems odd that the names are transposed if this is the case

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jul 2015 10:00

Cross-referencing the address on 192.com gives the other occupant as Jessie Sinclair.

They are only registered in 2002 - Land Registry shows it was sold in Jul 2002

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jul 2015 10:02

Two children born to the couple whose marriage Gins refers to

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jul 2015 10:06

The bride in 1974 was not named Jessie

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jul 2015 10:09

Janet's mother was born in 1913 in Loch(G)elly Fife

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jul 2015 10:10

The man whose Will is mentioned

First name(s) WILLIAM JAMES T
Last name BRADY
Gender Male
Birth day 25
Birth month 10
Birth year 1908
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1984
District WESTMINSTER
Register number 1184
County London
Volume 15
Page 1582

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jul 2015 10:11

Yes - I checked the address while the marriage was being posted. I'll leave anyway.

Might it be worth asking for an ER look-up a the nearest Archive/Library who holds the historical records? At least that way there we can discover if Nessie is recorded with additional names.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jul 2015 10:12

First name(s) WILLIAM J T
Last name BRADY
Marriage quarter 4
Marriage year 1938
WILLIAM J T BRADY married SUSAN NUTT
District WESTMINSTER
Volume 1A
Page 1305

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jul 2015 10:14

The 1984/5 ER would be well worth looking at...................excellent idea

The woman should be recorded under her given name

Janet

Janet Report 27 Jul 2015 06:43

Answering some of the above. I did check 192 and there was another address as well - 5 Fourth Avenue with a Jessie living with him. I also found a wedding in 1974 but the woman's name was different. My mother (Mary) and her brother (William James Thomas Brady) were both born in Scotland. Their mother was Jessie Sinclair who married George Hubert Brady (a blacksmith) in 1908 in Dundee. George's parents were William and Eliza Brady. Jessie's mother was Mary Sinclair and father(?) was posted as Henry Sinclair, Ship Carpenter (Deceased). The wedding was witnessed by William Murray and Horatia Brady. My grandmother (Jessie) was a twin (sister Mary) who married (married surname Murray) and emigrated to Australia. Their birth records show that they were illegitimate. I also have 1901 census information showing they had other brothers and sisters - William, Maggie, Georgina & Andrew and also 2 grandsons at the same address - Robert aged 11 and Andrew aged 1. I don't know which family (Sinclair or Brady) the George Brady Sinclair whose family I am looking for belongs. My mother was also know as Mary Sinclair Brady and my uncle was known to me just as Brady. I do not know why George Brady Sinclair would not be George Sinclair Brady - thus my initial enquiry. I have tracked Murray relatives in Australia but unfortunately they do not know any more than I do. I know my aunt was Susan Nutt and the will also mentioned a Jackson Nutt. In respect to the will - I was told that George Brady Sinclair was a cousin to William James Thomas Brady. Unfortunately there was a falling out between my father and my uncle and my parents did not become aware of my uncle's death until a little while after the event. Also my father was not the sort of person to ask questions of and my mother was a stroke victim and unable to answer questions. They have been deceased for quite a few years now and I am trying to finish a large family tree from both sides of my family and it is quite difficult from here in New Zealand.

Nichola

Nichola Report 7 Mar 2016 20:42

Hi I don't know if you're still looking but the man you have named was my grandad.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Mar 2016 22:07

Welcome to the boards Nichola.

As Janet posted last year, it might be worth sending her a personal message (PM) in case she isn't keeping an eye on the thread now.
Just click on her name to send a message. As long as she still uses the same email address, she'll be told you are trying to contact her.