Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Clemens family in Cornwall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mike

Mike Report 2 Jan 2016 13:57

I am looking for anyone with the surname Clemens who is known to be a descendant of the Clemens families who lived in the St Columb, St Enoder or Newquay areas of Cornwall in the 19th century or earlier. I have an extensive family tree of my own Clemens ancestors and would be happy to share that with other interested family researchers.

Many thanks,

Michael Clemens

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jan 2016 15:56

Hi Michael and welcome to the boards.

The best way to search for descendents, is to use the Search All Members Trees - top right under 'search'. Input the earliest & latest names you know of. It anyone lists the same names, send the tree owner(s) a message.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 Jan 2016 23:27

I had to chuckle, since I have a Cornwall ancestor who may have come from St Enoder and lived later in Newquay and then St Columb ... and had a habit of fathering children outside the bonds of marriage (in St Clement, for good measure) ... so you never know! that Mr Hoare lived up to his name ...

meanwhile as Detective says, best approach is to search family trees ... here, at Ancestry, etc. Very few members of this site ever read these boards.

a quick tree search here shows hundreds of Clemens born in Cornwall 1800 +/- 50 years (but of course many of them are people counted several times as they are in multiple trees)

there are a dozen or two for that period born in Newquay, for example

searching for specific names in your tree will likely be the best approach, as Detective says

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Dianne

Dianne Report 17 Jan 2016 00:07

I have a few Clemens all from John b. 1805 in St Buryan, married Frances Pellow in 1834 in St Erth.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Jan 2016 09:51

Dianne - as a new poster Mike may not have realised that posts would be added to his thread. He certainly didn't acknowledge JoonieCloonies or mine. Just in case, send him a message by clicking on his name.

Mike

Mike Report 17 Jan 2016 13:36

Thanks Dianne. Any links from these names to Clemens families in the Newquay or St Columb/St Enoder areas?

Mike Clemens