Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christopher & Lynne Dew (Maiden name Hewitt)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The_Ancient_One

The_Ancient_One Report 12 Jan 2016 14:40

Can anyone help please?
I am trying to locate a cousin of mine, Christopher Charles Dew and his wife, Lynne.
The last location I know of is somewhere in Cheshire.
I would be very pleased to hear from anyone who can offer information or advice on how to proceed..

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Jan 2016 16:00

Hi.

You could try this site:

http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp

If you check for both names in Warrington, they show at same address. No indication as to when tho.

Jan

The_Ancient_One

The_Ancient_One Report 12 Jan 2016 17:18

Hi Jan
Many thanks for the site details, I shall get onto it straight away.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Jan 2016 17:41

unfortunately 192.com shows that address to be current only to 2008

google

"christopher c dew" 192.com

to see the most detailed info available from 192.com

if you then use the search box at the top of the page that takes you too, you will see that Lynne is listed in the same place only to 2008 as well

it would not hurt to send a letter, of course

even if they are not there, you could ask the current occupant whether they could forward or have any info

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Jan 2016 18:20

I did look on 192.com, but couldn't see them. Silly me, must be getting old!

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Jan 2016 21:46

I just missed an entire family in the 1891 census and [someone who objects to being named] missed the glaringly obvious on freebmd, so I think there is something in the water this week!

The_Ancient_One

The_Ancient_One Report 12 Jan 2016 23:33

Hi brummiejan and JoonieCloonie
Many thanks for the info re Chris Dew and how to use192.com. Now I have another way of finding the rather scattered family members. This has proved to be very helpful. I have written to the address I have, (will post it in the morning) as suggested, and now await I hope for a reply. Once again many thanks for your help.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Jan 2016 23:52

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Jan 2016 23:57

haha, stick around, there are many tricks to learn ... and I have not learned them all yet :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jan 2016 01:55

The property was last sold on 9 Oct 2015 but the current owners may still have forwarding address.
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/?search_source=top_nav
If you haven't already sent the letter, put your own address on the rear of the envelope.

If the letter gets returned, send another one 'to the occupants' and ask if they have the name of the vendors solicitors. Failing that, ask if they would give you their own solicitor's name. If you're dedicated, you might be able to have a letter forwarded up (or down) the chain.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 13 Jan 2016 09:48

Was he born in 1948? This is what I found, sad to say it's a death.

Name: Mr Christopher Charles Dew
Birth Date: 1948
Death Date: 22 Dec 2011
Residence Place at Death: Warrington, England
Postal Code District: WA3

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jan 2016 10:40

If correct, that is a shame. Although I'd checked the Probate calendar neither had their Estates listed. In the circumstances, his probably passed in its entirety to his widow.

The_Ancient_One

The_Ancient_One Report 18 Jan 2016 14:49

Good afternoon everyone who replied (above).
I know this is a rather late response to your messages but I have been without access to my computer/e-mails etc. due to the BT router failing (just out of contact). They took almost a week to decide that the fault was with their equipment and they at last sent a replacement router. Sent by "snail mail" it arrived to-day so now I am busy trying to catch up. I had an idea that Christopher Dew had died and now this has been confirmed so many, many thanks. As and when (if) I do manage to locate his wife I will post a message on the board by way of expressing my thanks.
Best wishes to you all

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jan 2016 16:03

we always appreciate it when people come back to let us know their progress

your router experience sounds just like mine a few years ago ... all that time just to admit that something in their system happened that 'fried' my modem when they knew full well that mine was not the only one, refusing to let me have it picked up for delivery, sending it snail mail that did not even get delivered and I had to go fetch it ... !!

good luck with your search now.