Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kathleen Sykes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jan 2016 22:46

Hi There...I'm trying to locate Kathleen Sykes born 1942/43 in Huddersfield, Yorkshire.
Kathy emigrated to New Zealand in 1963 on the Remuera and returned to the UK towards the end of 1965 aboard the Fairsea.
If you could please assist then it would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike Gits

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jan 2016 01:00

hi Mike (and I have replied to your private message about a different thread)

do you know whether Kathleen had a middle initial, or what her mother's surname was?

there are Kathleen Sykes births registered in Huddersfield in 2nd quarter 1943 and 3rd quarter 1944

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

the later one had middle initial M, the first no middle initial, which makes tracing more difficult

you don't know whether she married, most likely?

can you give a general idea of your connection (e.g. cousin, on which side ...)

if you know about her family, you might be able to determine which one she was by her siblings' names

for the mother's surname of the 1943 birth, there were 4 siblings 1934-1945

for the mother's surname of the 1944 birth, there was a sibling 1938

I'm not putting names here as they may well be living

you can find them by searching at freebmd for the Kathleen births in Huddersfield, and then searching for births with the same surname and mother's surname

the idea being that it might be easier to trace a sibling (particularly a brother, who would still have the same surname) who might know of Kathleen

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jan 2016 16:26

Mike advises by PM that he is doing more searching and will get back when he finds more info ... he's still trying to figure this place out :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jan 2016 22:57

Hi Joonie,
I have looked at the options you have suggested....many thanks for that.
Pretty sure it is the one born 1943..no middle initial.
I think that I may have the names of her parents now as well but can I send them to you privately?
I certainly am very interested in the fact that there were 4 siblings if this is the correct Kathleen. There are lots of Sykes in Huddersfield eh?
Not sure if she's married or not.
Still searching, searching......
Thanks Joonie,
Mike

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Jan 2016 00:51

hiya, go ahead and send, I'm going to be mad busy for a couple of days but will get back to you by the weekend!

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jan 2016 01:47

Hi again Joonie..... Is this 'Add your Reply' Box a private one ie: are you the only one who can read it?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Jan 2016 08:43

No the add your reply puts the response on the open board so all can see it

To send a personal private message click on the persons name and it will give a box of send message ,clicking on that a new page will open that you can put your message on . Press the send box at the bottom when your message is finished :-D