Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Victor Denis Walsh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sopha

Sopha Report 6 Mar 2016 21:59

Looking for Victor Denis Walsh born Tralee County Kerry Ireland 1950 .I would welcome any information i believe he may have lived in Bristol, Margate and Eastbourne.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

malyon

malyon Report 6 Mar 2016 22:10

there is a victor living in margate and bristol

do you know if he had a middle name and did he marry best to remove his date of birth
just leave the year on

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Mar 2016 22:17

Welcome to the board Sopha, please remove the full date of birth as it is not adviseable to put it on this open board and may lead to your post being reported.

I can see a Victor in 2005/2006 Margate and Eastbourne on electoral rolls, guessing he might be in construction industry or similar as both addresses seem to be HMOs?

Do you think he might have returned to Ireland?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Mar 2016 22:19

Welcome to the boards Sopha - To protect his privacy and to guard against idenitiy theft, you could edit your opening post to leave on the year of his birth please?
Have you 'lost contact' with him, or is he believed to be a birth father? If so, would he know about the child?

Have you used the Search all members trees on this site to see if anyone else has him listed? If he is, send the tree owner a message using the Find out more button.

The Margate address was a hotel - was he believed to be living there or a member of staff?
The Eastbourne address was a house of multiple occupancy. If you haven't already. you could write to the owner/occupiers to ask what other information they might have about him. Mind you, after 10 years, they may find it hard to even remember him.

Not seeing an ER entry for him in Bristol - when was he believed have lived there?

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Mar 2016 22:21

On the other hand Irish bmds suggest he has the middle initial D?

malyon

malyon Report 6 Mar 2016 22:22

there is one in bristol on the freelectrol site

victor d walsh living in westgate on sea

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Mar 2016 22:28

Bristol address only up to 2011,

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Mar 2016 22:34

A very long shot that the child in the photo at this link is the right one, place and possible age? ( communion age 7?)

http://www.kennellyarchive.com/id/LEK038/

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Mar 2016 08:57

Full name now given - Victor Denis Walsh & full dob removed.

By PM, Victor is Sopha's brother.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Mar 2016 09:50

Nothing coming up since the 2011 electoral roll, that house has been sold since then unfortunately.

Nothing on probate records either.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Mar 2016 10:04

Would it be worth writing to the neighbours? Even if they don't know where that particular Victor D Walsh moved to, they might be able to say if he had an Irish accent.
One way or another, it could be useful even if only to eliminate the entry.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Mar 2016 10:14

Only other thing I can think of is, if you think Victor may have attended the local RC church you could try contacting the priest there?

Saint Patrick's Catholic Church is 1.21 Kilometers away from last address

http://www.saintpatricks.co.uk/

Edit. I see the parish priest has been there since 1988, so may know the locals well.

Sopha

Sopha Report 14 Mar 2016 09:57

The last time I saw Victor was about 36 years ago but I know he visited a relative a few years after that.

Sopha

Sopha Report 3 Apr 2016 00:04

Thank you to all who replied to me and gave very helpful information