Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hobin Family Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trish

Trish Report 8 Mar 2016 01:15

I am trying to make contact with Denise & Deborah Hobin for their cousin Carol nee Hobin. Carol would like to be reunited with Denise and Deborah but doesn't know their married names.

Their parents are Frank Reginald Hobin born 1927 Lambeth and Marie Amy Susan Parrott born 1931 Fulham. Denise Patricia was born 1958 and Deborah Marie 1961 both in Romford.

I found an Australian Electoral Roll dated 1980 when the family were living in Punchbowl, NSW, Australia.

I have found the family names in two trees on here and have sent messages but have not had a reply as yet.

If anyone knows a way I could track the family further or knows of the family I would be grateful for your help in reuniting them with my friend Carol.

Thank you

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Mar 2016 18:57

Name Frank R Hobin
Event Type Marriage Registration
Registration Quarter Jul-Aug-Sep
Registration Year 1952
Registration District Hammersmith
County London
Event Place Hammersmith, London, England
Spouse Name (available after 1911) Parrott
Volume 5C
Page 1749
Line Number 29

Frank R Hobin probably married one of the following people
Name Marie A S Parrott

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Mar 2016 21:39

Have you seen this?

http://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/0265596704/

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 8 Mar 2016 22:09

I think the listing is way out of date Rose (it dates from 2010) (there are all sorts of these on the net that collect and publish antique name and address info as clickbait for ads) but it could well be worth writing to the address in case the current resident knows of the family.

whitepages.com.au has only one Hobin listing in NSW at present, an R, and 4 country wide, none with useful initials.

Both daughters are listed with the parents on the 1980 electoral roll, the last one available on line, but that is no help.

There are no death notices shown at http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

Ah wait. The address in West Haven is actually Laurieton Lakeside Aged Care.

So it would definitely be worth writing or emailing and asking whether a message could be passed to a family member.

Trish

Trish Report 8 Mar 2016 22:25

Thanks to you all for the help.

JoonieCloonie - the address of the age care home sounds hopeful. Where did this address show up? Thank you.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Mar 2016 22:43

yes I did notice the date Joonie, but as it was more recent than the 1980s ER I thought it would at least give a likely area in which to look :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Mar 2016 22:52

Trish just in case Joonie isn't around at the moment,

http://www.whereis.com/nsw/west-haven-2443/category-nursing-homes

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 9 Mar 2016 00:03

sorry, reporting in!

Rose found that address at the link she posted first, if you click it

and when I went there with my 'adblock' turned off to see what it was clickbait for (a site that only pretends to offer info, so it can get you to go somewhere else) and get an idea of how out of date it was maybe, I saw the map that said Laurieton Lakeside Aged Care and thought I should point it out in case you missed it there

mostly because I expect she is deceased but maybe I was being a little indiscreet to post it

(there are sites that still have my professional office address on them where I have not been for over 20 years now, and I know of one for 'finding family' that shows very outdated addresses but actually has a link to send someone a message, that goes nowhere of course ... so I'm always wary of info at those sites)

Valerie

Valerie Report 9 Mar 2016 03:40

Worth checking out the 'RYERSON INDEX' -there's a Dolores Patey nee Hobin d 2008 ...-seems likely a relative -as she emigrated similar time frame as the girls.
Ryerson's will do (free) 'look-ups' of the (2) newspaper notices they have (3/7/2008)-hopefully the girls will have a mention.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 9 Mar 2016 08:12

I hadn't made the possible connection when I saw that

but since Dolores was born and married in Rochdale, parents married in Rochdale, and Frank was born in Lambeth and married in Hammersmith, parents married in Lambeth, and both of their fathers were almost certainly born in the area where they each married ... coincidence?

Trish

Trish Report 16 Mar 2016 23:10

We are still waiting for a reply from Laurieton Lakes Age Care for information on Marie, fingers crossed we get a reply!

I have found there are two trees on here that have the names of Frank & Marie Hobin in, owned by a Andrew Powell and the other Rosemary Hobin. I have sent messages but have not had a reply yet. I just wondered is there a way to tell if they are still active on the site?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Mar 2016 00:02

Check your ‘Sent Message’ box – unread messages will have an envelope icon next to them.

As Andrew’s membership number is 5025 he must have joined Genes in its early days. It’s possible he may receive a message, but don’t count on it.
Rosemary’s is more recent – 8758570 – but still several years ago.

Unfortunately for us, Genes never removes dormant accounts. On the other hand, a regular poster reported that she had recently received a reply to a message; she'd sent the original several years ago!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Mar 2016 00:28

Frank Reginald Hobin was born 14 years after Rosemary's immediate male Hobin ancestor. Unless Frank was a child of a second marriage, they don't share the same set of parents.

However, it possible that she's done as many of us have, added the names of extended family who we believe to be deceased.

There is a possible listing for her in the 2002 ER under her maiden name- the property, if owner occupied, doesn't seem to have been sold since then.
http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/

Unfortunately, further research does tend to suggest that she passed away last year.
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Trish

Trish Report 18 Mar 2016 11:05

Thank you for the information Detective.

Trish

Trish Report 19 Mar 2016 21:05

Had a reply back from the aged care home stating - not at this facility.

So the search continues.............

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Mar 2016 01:43

that doesn't really answer the question of whether she was there (and perhaps is deceased) ... if that is all they said, it certainly isn't too helpful since there was a telephone listing for her at that address at some time which certainly indicates that she did live there ...

did you ask specifically whether, if she lived there in the past, they might still have contact info for a family member to whom they could pass on yours?

they might not be able to confirm or deny that she lived there, for privacy, but they could say something like 'we will check our records and if there is a record we will pass on your message' ...

Trish

Trish Report 21 Mar 2016 03:35

Yes we asked the questions but that was the reply we got, very unhelpful.

I thought i would suggest my friend Carol contacts the Salvation Army in NSW to see if they can help locate Denise & Deborah. Don't know what else we can do.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.