Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for half sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanerin

Jeanerin Report 13 Mar 2016 09:22

I am looking for my half sister Lilian Ann Thompson born in Hebburn in 1944 ihave found my half brother but he has not seen Lilian in 50 years he say's she had a baby boy in 1964 when she was 20 and not married I do ot know the babies name as my half brother is a very bitter man and finds t very difficult to accept me as a blood relative
thank you
Jean

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Mar 2016 10:26

Have you tried FreeBMD for a possible birth in c 1964 mmn Thompson

You could also try search members trees to see if anyone has her listed

Edit. If it was still in Hebburn then the distict is S Shields , but ther are too many births to pin down from 1963 to 1965

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Mar 2016 10:32

Look on FreeBMD for a marriage. There's one in 1965 that could fit. That couple looks to be in Jarrow now.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Mar 2016 10:36

Will PM the address.

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Mar 2016 10:52

She could have married a Thomas Chatt and they were on the electoral rolls till 2010

Sadly this could be his death

Name: Mr Thomas Chatt
Birth Date: 28 May 1936
Death Date: 1 Dec 2009
Residence Place at Death: Gateshead, Durham, England
Postal Code District: NE11

Possible children from1962 -1966

They are on FreeBMD

Try members trees

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Mar 2016 11:00

That looks like a good possibility Shirley. Lilian could possibly still be at the same address but just opted out of the commercially available register.

Address and phone number sent by pm.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Mar 2016 11:03

There is a genes member William who has one of her daughters Gillian In his tree !

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Mar 2016 11:09

If the Genes member called William uses his middle name then there is a birth in 1963 that could be the son that Lilian had before marriage and from the entry it looks as though he may have been adopted (there is a "/s" after the page number.

Will send the details by pm.

Kath. x

Jeanerin

Jeanerin Report 13 Mar 2016 12:22

Have written to several Lilian Ann Thompson that married one of them was Chatt not the Lilian I am looking for thank you My half brother helped look after the boy for almost 2 years he might have been adopted after that thank you kath

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Mar 2016 15:12

He could have been adopted by her husband Thomas as he is down as William Chatt as the genes member

I would be inclined to send him a message :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Mar 2016 15:15

Shirley - the Chatt marriage is the wrong Lilian according to Jean.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Mar 2016 16:04

Thank you Kath that reply wasn't showing when I posted my last reply as am on IPad

It would have helped if the ones eliminated had been posted though

Jeanerin

Jeanerin Report 13 Mar 2016 16:34

These are the lilian@s I wrote too Chatt and Scott are not the Lilians I never received an answer from the Wilson
also as I stated she had a baby in 1964 and was not married so the Chatt and Scott marriages are not relevant so I never mentioned them and Shirley maybe you misunderstood or mis read my post
Lilian A Thompson J-S 1962 Thomas Chatt Durham
Lilian A Thompson J-S 1963 Allan C Scott Durham
Lillian A Thompson J-S 1972 William Wilson Sunderland Durham