Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Joseph Brown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trudles

Trudles Report 3 Apr 2016 19:26

My name is Trudy and I'm trying to find my biological father 'David Joseph Brown'. All I know is that he was from Bow/Stepney, London and he married my mum Caroline Hennigan in 1977, the year I was born. They lived with my grandparents once married and then moved into a flat in Tottenham, London. If this sounds familiar or like a possible link to anyone you may know, please do get in touch. I have very little information on David and would so much like to know my family on the Brown side.

Trudy

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Apr 2016 19:45

Welcome to the boards.

If you buy your parent's marriage certificate if should give you your biological father's age and his father's name. This would help you to find the correct birth for David.

The reference for the marriage certificate:-

First name(s) DAVID J
Last name BROWN
Marriage quarter 1
Marriage year 1977
Registration month -
MarriageFinderâ„¢ DAVID J BROWN married
CAROLINE M HENNIGAN
Spouse's last name HENNIGAN
District HARINGEY
District number -
County London
Country England
Volume 12
Page 1479

You can purchase it online from here:-

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

The cost is £9. 25p

Kath. x

malyon

malyon Report 3 Apr 2016 19:49

what age would david be

Trudles

Trudles Report 3 Apr 2016 19:53

Thank you for the info Kath. That's very helpful of you.

Do you know if it is possible to find Divorce records for this time at all?

Thank you
Trudy

Trudles

Trudles Report 3 Apr 2016 19:55

David I believe was born in February 1958 i think. So 58 ish.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Apr 2016 20:06

Trudy, if you are fairly certain of that birth date, and if you know he was born London area, there is one distinct possibility. I will send the birth ref and also parents marriage by message ( see 'messages' at top of page and click on envelope). To be certain you would need the details from your parents' marriage.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Apr 2016 21:16

I think it is unlikely that you will find divorce records. This is the percentage of divorce records to be found according to the National ArchivesL-

The survival rate of divorce case files is:

1858-1927: almost 100%
1928-1937: 80%
After 1937 : less than 0.2% <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Kath. x

Trudles

Trudles Report 3 Apr 2016 21:24

Im clutching at straws now. I really want to find out as much as i can and im hitting a brick wall.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Apr 2016 21:42

Have sent you another message Trudy

edit: to add for helpers' ref, I've PMd a possible second marriage for David, and a longshot for an address from the electoral roll though the age is out.

also possible siblings to David from freebmd, but not yet had much success with tracing them after that.