Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Helena, Theresa & Celine Walsh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trudles

Trudles Report 3 Apr 2016 20:10

Im looking for a Helena, Theresa and Celine Walsh who would have been born in London to a Thomas Walsh and Deborah (Pam) Walsh (previously Flynn) in the late 1940's. I know that Thomas Walsh died when the girls were very young, with the possibility that Celine had not yet been born. I believe they moved back to Charville, Cork with their mother when their farther passed away and ended up being brought up by there aunt Kathy. Deborah Pam Walsh or Pam Walsh then moved back to London, England to send money home for the girls. During this time she went on to marry a Michael Hennigan and have two more daughters, Linda and Caroline. If this sound familiar, please do get in touch?
Thank you
Trudy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Apr 2016 23:38

Hi there Trudy - highly unlikely anyone with knowledge of these people will happen on your posting - sad but true - you have to look for them - so for starters, use the "Search" facility, top right hand corner of this page to see if any of these people feature in any trees on this site - if you strike lucky you then have the option of contacting the tree owner through the site

Good luck

Ann x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Apr 2016 23:45

Michael and Deborah married in Hackney in 1952

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Apr 2016 23:47

there's a Gertrude 1952 and an Edward 1961 born to a mother with maiden name Walsh in the London area

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Apr 2016 23:50

there a Caroline Hennigan married in 1977 in Haringey to a David Brown

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Apr 2016 23:51

and a Linda Hennigan married in 1975 in Haringey to a Michael Higgins

Trudles

Trudles Report 4 Apr 2016 08:29

Thank you for your help. My mother was Caroline Hennigan and father David Brown and I'm still very much in touch with my aunt Linda and Michael Higgins. Caroline Hennigan passed away at the young age of 55 in 2014. This is one of my reasons for wanting to find family connections.
Unfortunately family ties had been lost between the sisters early in their youth. My aunt Linda was able to contact Celine/Celina (I'm not sure of correct spelling) back in the mid 90's when their mother passed away. At the time, no one was aware of Theresa's whereabouts.
Now i think I've found Theresa Walsh's birth records which suggests that she was born March 1949 in Paddington, London. I've also found Death of Father Thomas Walsh(1926–1950), Mar 1950 • Pancras, London, England. This is where i get stuck. I can't seem to find anything on Helena (Ena) or Celine/Celina. Linda has told me that Helena was the eldest and she is convinced that she too was born in London. Celine/Celina on the other hand may have been born back in Cork, Ireland as her father died before she was born.
Deborah Pam Walsh (the mother) then went on to marry Michael Hennigan in the June of 1952 in Hackney, Middlesex.
As you can see all of this happened in a very short time frame. It just seems odd that I can find birth records of Theresa and not of the two other sisters.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Apr 2016 15:15

Perhaps Celine was known by her middle name? There is a Mary C Walsh born in Pancras in 1950.

Rose

Trudles

Trudles Report 4 Apr 2016 16:39

I didn't think of that. Her mother was known by her middle name so it's not impossible.
Thank you.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Apr 2016 23:17

Helena was born in Ireland.

Will PM the birth.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Apr 2016 23:22

And she married in Islington to a Fitzgerald!

Rose

Trudles

Trudles Report 4 Apr 2016 23:51

Thats great Rose. I had been told that Thomas and Deborah had married in London, but i had only been able to find records for a marriage in Ireland. The Helena you have found would also suggest that this was the case. They must have moved to London after Helena had been born.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Apr 2016 00:41

Can't seem to find her after that marriage to Thomas.

Rose