Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sean johnson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzi

Suzi Report 18 Apr 2016 11:12

Hello, I am trying to find my brother sean johnson, he was born 22/02/1989 at rochford hospital, he went to Southend children's home for 6 weeks and then we think he may of been adopted to Wales.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Apr 2016 11:43

Have you looked in members trees to see if he is listed

You could add your details to the national adoption contact register. So if he looks for family you info would be given to him

Afraid without his current name no one can looks at the records for him

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2016 11:47

Welcome to the boards Suzi.

If you haven't already, add your & his name to the adoption contact register. If he has as well, you'll both be notified of a possible match

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

You don't appear to have his name on your tree, at least not under 'Rochford'. That's one positive thing you can do. That way if he or a current relative searches for his birth family, they'll come across your entry. Even if you allow your sub to genes lapse (never delete an account) people who see either this thread or an entry on your tree will be able to send a message off-board.

One person does list him - do you know the tree owner? If not, send her a message using the following link
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/9802104/discover?rk=534848339

It is possible to leave a message against his birth reg on Ancestry - if you wanted to send my a PM (click on my name) with a generic email address eg @hotmail, @gmail etc, then that can be done on your behalf.

Has Social Services been of any help? Would they be willing to keep a letter from you on his file?

Suzi

Suzi Report 18 Apr 2016 20:39

Hello, thank you for your replies i will look into the adoptions record site you have linked.
That person you have linked is my twin sister she also is trying to find him.