Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fred Ransom

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

denise

denise Report 20 Apr 2016 14:56

I'm trying to find my birth farther who went by the nam Fred Ransom, he would have lived in Downham kent in 1965-1966 and would have been around the age of 18-21 he was handsome with dark hair, i know the street he lived on was raingefield road and he dated my mum for a short time, if any one may be able to help that would be fantastic Denise McNally(clarke)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2016 17:06

Welcome to the Boards Denise

How sure are you about the spelling for the road? There's a Rangefield Rd, Downham, Bromley, Kent.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Shows (1940-1950) a
Frederick B Ransom b 1942, Camberwell
Frederick J Ransom b 1946, Bath

It might be an idea to track down the historical Electoral Rolls to find out the names of other Ransom people living in the household. They may be his parents or other relatives. By tweaking various searches, its more likely possible to work out which of the two he is.

Try the Local Studies section of Bromley library to see if they hold copies of the Historical ER. Although the Rolls can only be searched by address, you do at least have a road. They may make a look-up charge.

[email protected]
Tel: 020 8461 7170
Central library, High Street, Bromley, BR1 1EX

Have you searched all members trees - top right under search - to see if a Fred or Frederick Ransom is listed in anyone's tree? If he is, send them a message to ask if he ever lived in Downham.

Please exercise caution as his current family may not know that he has another child.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2016 17:13

The following links are to people who listed Frederick Ransom b1940 to1950 in their trees. Some places or years of birth could be speculative. Although some of the accounts may be dormant, it's worth sending each of them a message.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/1350416/discover?rk=36338333
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/186482/discover?rk=486990148
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/1363842/discover?rk=538529630
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/7273865/discover?rk=335300035
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/5383971/discover?rk=442464465
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/8584552/discover?rk=337581710

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2016 17:27

The Camberwell 1943 Frederick did marry in Bexley reg district in 1967. However, there are no further UK records for him. They had a son together in 1971.
After that, there are too many entries in either the name of the mother or the son to confidently identify either.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2016 17:40

Use http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl to search Ransom/Spratling births 1920-1946. That will give you the names of the Camberwell Frederick's siblings.

Here is the 1939 entry for his parents and one of the siblings who is deceased

Ransom Household (3 People) 2 Bowyer Street , Camberwell, London, England

Emily M Ransom 14 Apr 1902 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married
John Ransom 27 Oct 1901 Male Co Operators Laborer Married
John E R Ransom 15 Jun 1929 Male At School Single

There are 3 closed records suggestion that they are for other siblings who are either still living, died after 1991 or died abroad.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2016 20:08

Detective, the wife in the 1967 marriage remarried in 1997

however the couple is together on the electoral roll only to 2002

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2016 20:24

Ah - didn't spot that. Have you checked on Zoopla to see if the home has been sold since then? It may not solve the mystery of where Frederick is, however he may have kept in touch for the sake of their child.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2016 20:27

hang on ... the couple is on the electoral roll 2014-2015 in another place in Kent

she was probably born 1948 so that would fit ...

but not showing at searchelectoralroll (where the old address shows) and not in online telephone book so no contact info as yet

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2016 20:42

Denise, hi, you're reading the replies here? you sent me a private message but I'm not sure whether it was from reading this thread :-)

just add your reply here rather than sending private messages, that way we all know you have seen the info posted - use the 'Add your reply' box at the bottom

I will send you privately what Detective and I have been talking about though, since it's about living people.

denise

denise Report 20 Apr 2016 20:53

Thanks i got the email on my phone and it wouldn't let me open it the other way40020_612057_1341-00085.jpg sent a thread hope you can open it its from the telephone directory that i found would love to see what you may have for me have been looking for a few years
thanks Denise

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2016 21:25

I'm afraid that jpg doesn't do anything ...

I sent you all the info Detective and I were talking about here

before doing anything else, I would take her advice and check the electoral roll for the Rangefield Road address and see whether it tells you anything, such as whether he was with his parents

if so, we could positively identify which Fred he is, for example

Detective just to note, I also suggested Denise contact the 6 people who have the Camberwell Fred's mother in their trees at this site to ask whether they know of her son Fred.

denise

denise Report 20 Apr 2016 21:32

thanks so much i will go over it all and see if i can find anything else i do know that the link i sent you did have fred emily and john living on rangefield road at the time i was born in the telephone directory also a william was on the year before so good chance this may be the one
thanks again if i get any updates i will let you know

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2016 21:57

oh well then, the people Detective originally identified were right there where your Fred was, so that seems to be the right family without a doubt!

that's as good as the electoral roll, for sure.

so all of the info I sent you, that she and I referred to in this thread, almost certainly relates to your Fred

although ... I hope you haven't worked in a circle ... you do know that was the address of your Fred independently, not just from having found that listing? granted, it would be a coincidence if it weren't

maybe it wasn't a telephone listing ... unusual for multiple members of a household to be listed in the directory

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2016 22:02

oh duh, it's the 1964 electoral roll, parents and older brother, at that address, got it!

just curious, did someone at this site send you that image after you posted this thread?

denise

denise Report 20 Apr 2016 22:13

no i was on ansestery .uk and found it but my uncle had told me that he lived at that address but was not sure about the number he knew it was 100 and something and right near the school on the street. i had made contact with another member on genes and she had a cousion who lived on that street with 4 siblings that seamed like a fit but because i didnt have a mothers maiden she wouldn give any more info i will keep you posted

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2016 22:16

that's good, as long as you have an independent source of the info about the address (your uncle), then one confirms the other so you're on the right track :-)

just a tip though, giving all that info to start (the names of the people at the address) would have saved guesswork at this end.

Hopefully the genes member will be more willing to talk now that you have the other info.

denise

denise Report 20 Apr 2016 23:19

sorry about not giving all the info , thanks

Chris

Chris Report 22 Apr 2016 09:33

Hello Denise,
I am Ransom, and have a complete tree going back to 1700s, maybe you would like to make your tree visible to me so that I can check.

Regards Chris Ransom

denise

denise Report 22 Apr 2016 12:25

thank you my tree is a bit small only just started a tree the
ransom side is small as i am not sure on the info other than what i have posted in the thread i am pretty sure i have the right parents names and i know the address is right.
thanks again Denise

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

denise

denise Report 3 Sep 2016 23:03

hi just wanted to update i have found family connected to my birth farther , cousins and siblings that I'm now in contact with and I'm so excited to have extended my family still truing to trace the whereabouts of fred my birth farther as he has not been in contact with any one for a number of years but still hopeful thanks everyone for your help and info Denise