Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JAMES PETRIE,,,,,,,,, FIFE "LEVEN AREA"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bonniebitchfis

Bonniebitchfis Report 21 Apr 2016 20:21

Hya this is a long shot but I'm trying to find my step brother and sister,,, whom the boy will share same name as me and ,"petrie"my dad was married to a woman called mary who 46 years ago would have been called Mary petrie,,we stayed in Kennoway as my dad remarried my mum,,but have always wanted to find out who they are,,I don't know they're names but my dad would have Been 77 years old so I'm guessing my step brother and step sister would be in they're 50s,, I know it's a long shot but was hoping you maybe know of anyone who's real dad on birth certificate was called James petrie,,,I know his kids turned up to dad's door in Kennoway fife and for some reason turned away ??my dad was born in Kirkcaldy fife and dob was 1938,,,,,please can someone help as I'd love to trace them

Bonnie petrie

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Apr 2016 20:50

If your dad was married to their mum the marriage should be on Scotlands people .

You could them look for births for the couple

Bonniebitchfis

Bonniebitchfis Report 21 Apr 2016 21:12

I don't know wen they were married, ,,and how do I go about it ?? Thankyou

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Apr 2016 21:33

You have to register on Scotlands People first

www.scotlandspeople .gov.uk

You can do a free Seach but to look for any records you have buy units as its not a subs site

For their marriage certificate details you can order a copy of the cert through the site

Not sure how much they are now .they used to be £10 but believe they have gone up

Afraid as its a subs site so we can't do the look up for you

Bonniebitchfis

Bonniebitchfis Report 21 Apr 2016 21:44

It takes 15 days to come though,,,and I don't know my dad's ex wife's surname before marriage, ,,what would yu suggest is the best way to go about it?? Thankyou

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Apr 2016 22:07

Scotlandspeople site dont give a mothers maiden name along with a birth index so it will be difficult to pinpoint a correct birth without a name.
James Petire is a common name in Scotland.

Bonniebitchfis

Bonniebitchfis Report 21 Apr 2016 22:27

So really it will be hopeless then eh x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Apr 2016 00:00

Not really because you know the area that he lived in Fife so you can narrow it down

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Apr 2016 16:09

If your father and his first wife divorced, their divorce may appear on The National Archives of Scotland online catalogue.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 22 Apr 2016 16:22

Will send the probable first marriage by PM as I think the lady is still living

Bonniebitchfis

Bonniebitchfis Report 22 Apr 2016 17:30

Sorry I don't understand x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Apr 2016 18:14

PM is personal message using the Genesreunited site.

If you haven't already found rootgathers message, look at the heading Messages at the top of the page. If its unread, there'll be a number in a purplish circle. Click on Messages, then Inbox to access it.

Bonniebitchfis

Bonniebitchfis Report 22 Apr 2016 18:19

Wow there are some really nice people on here,,,thankyou all for trying to help me, ,,I don't have a clue how to go about doing this, ,,I'm very overwhelmed to find nice people like yourselves helping me out xxxx