Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Greens or Michelle Murray

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JohnGreens

JohnGreens Report 5 May 2016 23:27

Hi I am looking for my birth parents Michelle Murray and John Raeburn Greens, I was adopted at the age of 6 and I am currently 22 wanting to find them desperately.
They were both born in Scotland and last known location to me was Blackpool Lancahire England.
Please help me find them, I have a newborn daughter of my own I wish for them to meet her and myself.
Thank you.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 May 2016 23:40

Welcome to the boards John.

I will send a private message with an old address from the 2002 electoral register. It is possible that they could still be there and opted out of the commercially available register.

Kath. x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 May 2016 01:45

Do you have more information from your adoption file? There's a John R Greens showing in Edinburgh in 2009.

Rose

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2016 09:09

Hi John and welcome to GR.

I am not in any way connected to you or your family........but is it possible that your father's name is...

John Raymond Raeburn Greens born 1968??

Prickles.

PM sent.......I am hoping the answer to the above question is NO.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2016 14:19

I have received a reply from John.

I have now passed on this information which might, or might not be his father......

??

Mr John Raymond Raeburn Greens in the Scotland and Northern Ireland, Death Index, 1989-2013
Name: Mr John Raymond Raeburn Greens
Birth Date: 1968
Death Date: 21 Nov 2011
Residence Place at Death: Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Postal Code District: EH6

This is the site you need for Scotland research.......

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

(There appears to be one match for a John R R Greens born 1968 in Scotland)

It is not a subscription site, you need to purchase credits to view the records.

To reply on here John..........type in the white box at the bottom....then click on "Submit"

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 May 2016 14:42

John did your mother have a middle initial do you know? If she remained in the Blackpool area, there are a couple of marriages which may be worth looking into , if there was a middle initial J.

JohnGreens

JohnGreens Report 6 May 2016 17:29

Thank you PricklyHolly.
And Rambling Rose my mothers middle name was Kerry, Michelle Kerry Murray I am not sure what her current surname is as I have heard from my adoptive mother that she is married.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 May 2016 17:37

Can discount those 2 marriages found then, will look again.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2016 17:39

Thank you for getting back to us on here John.

I suppose the burning question is........was your father born "John Raymond Raeburn Greens" ?

Prickles.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 May 2016 21:18

Oh dear, the account has been deleted. :-S

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 May 2016 21:56

In the words of Victor Meldrew........"I don't believe it!!"

It is also odd that John's board name is different from when he first posted.

Looking in my "Sent Messages" and "Inbox".........those messages have now disappeared!

:-S :-S

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 May 2016 22:19

Maybe just another case of joining on the spur of the moment to look, and then deciding it might be better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 May 2016 22:57

Shame about that.