Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ronald Francis Coles born 1945

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 31 May 2016 16:55

I have for many years been trying to trace my cousin Ronald francis Coles, when his mum and dad separated, he went with his dad also Ronald Francis Coles. Ronald senior was originally from devon, Ronald junior was also born there, but the family moved to his mums hometown of Hull. Ronalds mum is Rosamund maiden name was Louth. i was told that they had emigrated to Australia or New Zealand. Ronald was about 3yrs old when his parents parted, he has a younger brother George. I know that George has also tried to find his brother. many years have passed, but I would like Ronald to know that he has a family who have thought about him many many times.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 May 2016 17:11

There's no travel info for them unless they maybe flew out to Oz

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 May 2016 17:30

born Newton Abbot, Devon

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 31 May 2016 17:32

If you look here there's a death that fits for Ronald Sr:

http://ryersonindex.net/search.php

Surname Given Names Notice Type Date Type Age Other Details Publication Published
COLES Ronald Francis Death notice 06AUG1977 Death 54 late of St Peters Sydney Morning Herald 09AUG1977

Probably showing on the electoral roll in Sydney in 1980.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 31 May 2016 17:50

Ronald Sr had a brother William Percy Coles. He and his wife have passed but he had one son who appears on trees here. Will send you the info.

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 31 May 2016 19:43

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1329152
from 2013

Back then Rose suggested trying the Australian White pages (on line phone book) for the Sydney area - there is an entry which may be relevant

http://tinyurl.com/jh4ydve

Keep scrolling down and clicking the Show 10 More - its about 3 or 4 pages from the start page

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 1 Jun 2016 22:02

these duplicated threads are constantly tiresome

start a new one, do not mention what others have already done to help, and get fresh people to do the same thing all over again

Very fair, that.

Valerie

Valerie Report 2 Jun 2016 03:22

Hi Elaine
The 'NSW State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service - they will check electoral rolls (past & present) and newspaper death notices (dates would help!).
Excellent service.
Valerie
WAus

Elaine

Elaine Report 2 Jun 2016 12:18

Thank you so much Valerie, i will follow your suggestion up today and let you know if i have any success x

Elaine :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2016 15:44

How about writing to or phoning the R F Coles as shown as living in/near Sydney as per my post above?

You have to explore all angles, not just one at a time.

Elaine

Elaine Report 2 Jun 2016 18:43

Thanks detective, I have already done that witout luck but thanks anyway

Elaine

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2016 18:54

Thats fine - at least it rules out one possibility. Knowing what is 'wrong' helps us to help you.

Elaine

Elaine Report 3 Jul 2016 09:43

I would like to thank everyone who helped me with my search, I am closing this post now, I have found my cousin, alive, well and living in NSW Australia. Once again thank you to everyone xx

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Jul 2016 10:19

Thank for the update Elaine - its always good to know when a search has a succesful outcome.