Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Winfield Harris - Macclesfield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 31 May 2016 21:36

After help searching for any living children of John Winfield Harris who died in 1971 in Macclesfield. I believe he was married to Matilda and he was born in Nottinghamshire

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 May 2016 21:41

Name John Winfield Harris
Event Type Death
Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration Year 1971
Registration District Macclesfield
County Cheshire
Event Place Macclesfield, Cheshire, England
Birth Date (available after June quarter 1969) 19 Jan 1904
Volume 10A
Page 966
Line Number 5

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 May 2016 21:43

Name John W Harris
Event Type Marriage Registration
Registration Quarter Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration Year 1953
Registration District Macclesfield
County Cheshire
Event Place Macclesfield, Cheshire, England
Spouse Name (available after 1911) Massey
Volume 10A
Page 570
Line Number 74

John W Harris probably married one of the following people
Name Matilda Massey

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 May 2016 21:43

welcome to the boards Keith :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 May 2016 21:46

possible children sent by message

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Jun 2016 14:44

The informant on his death cert could be family

:-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Jun 2016 17:24

I see you've read my message Keith - any response?

Keith

Keith Report 2 Jun 2016 20:46

Thanks Ann. I will need to book a trip to the local records office now and check the electoral roll. Hopefully they are the children I am looking for

malyon

malyon Report 2 Jun 2016 23:10

try looking here its free

http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2016 23:23

Keith - were you told that he married Matilda, or have you based that on a possible marriage registration? If you're unsure, it might be worth purchasing a copy of the MC to check that it is for the correct person. 49 seems quite old for a first marriage.

Have you looked on freebmd for other possibilities? You can confirm for yourself the birth details for the children that Ann has suggested.
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

If you favour the children born in Cheshire, its interesting to note that the one born in 1954 married in 1976 in Southampton. Allthough that is the last record for him shown on Findmypast, a different child with the same first name was born in Southampton in 1961 - obviously he can't be a son as the other one would only have been 7! Did Matilda have a connection to the area?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2016 23:49

As malyon has given you a link to search the electoral roll for free, you can check if the address is current by using the details on http://www.192.com/
Put the surname in the 'Who' box and the post code in the 'Where'. The result will give you the years that they were registered at that address.

In case they opted out from 2002, check when it was last sold via an estate agent on Zoopla under 'sold' prices, or by 'googling' the full address. It doesn't work all the time, but is a good indication.