Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chambers Children 1941 to 1948 Northern Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 3 Jun 2016 11:58

I am searching for any children born to Rosaline Chambers nee Brown and Robert Chambers within the above years. Robert died in 1947 in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and after that, all traces of Rosaline and children have disappeared.
Any help in tracing children of the above or Rosaline if still alive would be much appreciated. Rosaline would be aged about 94. The spelling of Rosaline may not be correct as the spelling changed between Birth (Rosaline) and Marriage (Roselyn) certificates.
Best Regards,
Graham Overton

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jun 2016 12:18

possible births sent by message

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jun 2016 14:09

I see you've opened my message - is the info any good do you think?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Jun 2016 02:02

Ann if the births you sent were the ones at familysearch.org with mother Browne ... there were 5 births 1940 to 1947 ... they were in Kilrush and Dublin, both not in Northern Ireland

Graham you do actually have knowledge that there were children of the marriage, but no idea of their names or years of birth?

presumably they were married in 1941, and that was in Northern Ireland ... but you don't know when they moved to Huddersfield, so whether any children were born in Northern Ireland or England?

for info, Graham has in his tree, but no one else has:

Rosaline Brown 1921 Belfast, Urban No 5,

since you have her birth cert with her exact date of birth, you can search the deaths index at Ancestry, 'exact search', using just her first name and date of birth
http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=7579

one would think it likely though, unless she had family in England, that she returned to Ireland and probably remarried ...

Graham

Graham Report 5 Jun 2016 13:01

Hi Joonie,
I have been searching for 18 years for Rosaline and any offspring.
I managed to find her birth record 2 years ago, I already had the marriage certificate. They were married in 1941 in Ballysillan Presbyterian Church in the Parish of Shankhill. I was told word of mouth that at Roberts funeral, in January 1947" in Huddersfield, Rosaline was present with a "babe in arms" which would mean a birth sometime in 1945/1946. I have also obtained Roberts Naval record and noted his shore leave dates to work out any offspring born due to his leave but nothing. I still live in hope that I will find where she went after the funeral and if I have anymore living cousins.
Best Regards,
Graham

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jun 2016 13:55

unfortunately I think that Brown and her husband were born in the 1940s in Staffordshire (and are likely still living so maybe best to remove their info here)

our Ros* would have married as a Chambers since she was widowed and had (at least) a child