Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

vivien

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 9 Jun 2016 16:10

Hi, Im looking for a Vivien Blake ( may have been adopted ) born 28th of Feb 1957 at st guys hospital London .... Father Clifford Blake Mother Violet Blake ( nee Berry ) has one brother Maldwyn Blake .

malyon

malyon Report 9 Jun 2016 16:40

here middle name is vivien E blake

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jun 2016 16:56

Has this been posted before, or by someone else?

Oh gosh yes of course lol, hello Angela , Rose from Facebook here.

Post everything that is known so that people will not duplicate info you already know
:-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jun 2016 17:04

For ref helpers

On Angela's behalf I have previously messaged someone with possible right names in her tree here, reply was

" "Hello Rose,
I'm sorry I've not got much information.
All I can tell as follows:
vivien e blake b. 1957.
janet a blake b. 1954.
Richard a blake 1952.
linda e. blake 1950.
father: William h, blake.
mother: ivy v berry.
I'm also not a close relation. "

My message to Angela on FB

"It would seem the tree owner has assumed that all the children were born to William H Blake and Ivy Berry ( married West ham) Janet and Linda were born West Ham also, Richard A in Stepney so might be worth buying his birth cert just to check ( unless in the meantime I can confirm that he is also the child of William and Ivy).

So that rather takes us back to square one.

I know that Clifford was living in Southwark up to 1960 from electoral rolls. I think this might be his death in Surrey though. It matches up with birth of Clifford Blake 1918 Merthyr Tydfil
England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Transcription
First name(s) CLIFFORD
Last name BLAKE
Gender Male
Birth day 6
Birth month 4
Birth year 1918
Age -
Death quarter 2
Death year 1986
District SUTTON
Register number 686
County Surrey
Volume 15
Page 474
Country England

There is a probate record (administration, no will) for that death which might tell you who administered his estate. His address was 18 Langdale Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey. You can find the details (just search Blake 1986) on https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#calendar

I am guessing you have contacted the adoption register in case Vivien is also registered with it as looking for birth family?

The other thing you could do is add a 'postem' message to her birth registration on freebmd.org.uk just saying you are family looking for her and give a contact email. That way if she does search for her own birth on there she will see the little 'envelope' by her name. "