Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is my sister out there somewhere????????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Jun 2016 21:56

Hi My name is Wendy and i am wandering if i have a sibling i knew nothing about after seeing some cine footage taken by my dad in the 60's????? My fathers surname is Arnold and my Mothers Maiden name is Roworth, christian names are John and Muriel. Is there anyone out there searching for people with these names??????????? If there is please come forward, there is nothing to be worried about or scared of.

patchem

patchem Report 11 Jun 2016 22:01

Have you looked on free bmd for siblings?

Have you put yourself and parents in your family tree on genes?

( John A Arnold and Muriel M Roworth)

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jun 2016 22:07

Do you think it possible your father could have been married before? Several of the same name marrying previously in same area of country.

patchem

patchem Report 11 Jun 2016 22:09

Is this Muriel's death?
Muriel Mary Arnold
Birth Date: 29 Apr 1925
Date of Registration: Jun 1969 Age at Death: 44
Registration district: Birmingham Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume: 9c Page: 600

patchem

patchem Report 11 Jun 2016 22:19

John and Muriel are living at 286 St Margaret's Avenue, Stechford in 1950 and 1955 (I think - Ancestry not loading correctly)).
There are other John A Arnold's in Birmingham at the same time.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 12 Jun 2016 07:15

You don't mention how many known siblings you have.

As well as your birth there is a possible brother born 1958 mother's maiden name ROWORTH

There is also a girl born 1952 Birmingham - but mother's maiden name is listed as ROWARTH

Gee

Gee Report 12 Jun 2016 09:55

Just for info on area at the time. Muriel' name has been mistranscribed

Wells Household (4 People)
Glendower Oakley Road , Charlton Kings U.D., Gloucestershire, England

Harriet M Arnold (Roworth) 29 Apr 1925 Female At School Single 131 10
Wm Wells 27 Sep 1883 Male Deputy General Manager Of The Auto ?aga? (Chili) & Bo Reg No Ltd Married 131 1
Winifred M Wells 02 May 1887 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 131 2
Fanny Louisa Maude Furnestt 06 Jun 1899 Female School Matron Single 131 13

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 12 Jun 2016 10:29

John and Muriel were at 286 St Margaret's Road, Stechford, Birmingham from 1947- 1957.

Wendy

Wendy Report 12 Jun 2016 16:58

all correct information. I think what I said may have been confusing which wasn't intended!!!!! I possibly have a sibling out there whom I'm hoping will come forward after seeing this post. I put my mom and dads name first as i'm hoping it will help and make it clear . Thank you xxxxxx

:-) :-) :-)

Wendy

Wendy Report 12 Jun 2016 17:00

To add to this!!!! My dad previously being married???? well the mind boggles but it is worth looking into and I had no idea there were free BMDs!!! I thought you had to pay xx

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Wendy

Wendy Report 12 Jun 2016 17:03

Austin Q I have a sister and brother. Lynda born 1952. Mark born 1958
:-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Jun 2016 17:06

Wendy this is the free site many of us use, you can look for the birth mentioned by AustinQ as well as your own and siblings birth, and your parents marriage

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

If you don't have it it may be worth buying your parents marriage cert to see if either had been married before.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Jun 2016 17:32

Wendy, the thing is, people do not come to this site looking to see whether someone is looking for them :-)

You can search family trees here to see whether any members have your parents or grandparents in their tree, and then you can contact them to see whether they are closely related. Under Search in the upper right of this page, click on Search All Family Trees.

(someone does have Muriel)

and of course put their names in a tree of your own here, in case someone else searches trees - there is no effective way of searching messages like this one.

The way someone who knows nothing about this site (most people in the world!) might find your post is by googling your parents' names, for instance. So it would be best to put their full names in your first post, rather than separating the surnames and given names as you have done. You can edit your first post to do that, or put their names in your subject line, the best way to start.

Make sure you always have a current email address in your account here. Even if you are not paid up, you can reply to private messages when you get an email notification that someone has sent you a message. This could happen years later (if this site survives, which is an open question).

Also click 'Watch this' at the top of this thread. That way you will get email notifications of any replies, otherwise you will not.

Christine

Christine Report 12 Jun 2016 18:25

Hi Wendy

Have you considered the possibility that the other child belonged to a friend, neighbour or other family member? They may have just been having a day out together!

Regards
Chris

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Jun 2016 18:36

Wendy, have you dismissed the possibility that it might be a cousin? Your mother's sister married 1944.

Wendy

Wendy Report 12 Jun 2016 19:07

First of all, thank you to Rambling Rose!!! will take your advice, definitely not my cousins I'm afraid, we just had no idea who the young lady in the film was

Joonie Cloonie Thank you also, will look into what you have told me

Christine- The young girl was a teenager at the time and it was only a short amount of film which focused on her only, but no one recognised her, we were together with family when the film was shown, and we were all a bit baffled as to who this could possibly be.

Thanks everyone :-)