Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Dad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 16 Jul 2016 15:55

Hi I am looking for Jonathan Blake, he would be around 70 to 80ish now I believe and he would have had a relationship or an encounter which was long enough to make a baby. The females name was Margaret Day she lived in the Newham area of London and already had a son called Garry, who would have been about 2ish. Any info would be gratefully received. :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Jul 2016 16:15

Hi Angela,

Unfortunally its not a unique name and there are many hundreds on the Uk electoral listings,although some are in London,it may not be his home place now.
Narrowing it down with a middle name may help.

Would he be aware of you.?

patchem

patchem Report 16 Jul 2016 19:29

When did the encounter happen, please?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jul 2016 11:00

is there any chance you know of a middle name or initial for him?

1951-1961 there were 11 Jonathan Blake births in England, most in the London area, only one with no middle initial. That info could narrow the search down tremendously, but if it is not recorded anywhere, that avenue would be closed unfortunately.

Have you been in touch with your birth mother?

Angela

Angela Report 18 Jul 2016 18:24

Hi

I do not have a middle name as my birth mother is not very forthcoming, I was born in 1968, she will not say if he knows or not.

patchem

patchem Report 18 Jul 2016 21:48

If you were born in 1968 when he would have been 16? 18? or older? then he born 1940 to 1952, so around early/mid 60's to into 70's, surely?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 18 Jul 2016 22:43

patchem's right, age 60 now would put him born in about 1955, and that's a tad young to be having a baby in 1968 (at age 13).

can you tell us how old your birth mother was when you were born?

just that he isn't likely to have been younger than her, in case that might help.

Garry was born the year his mother married ... did he stay with her?

just wondering, if you have met him, whether he might be able to talk with her.

and answered my question - she was 24 when you were born.
So Jonathan was likely born no later than about 1945, which would make him 70 now.
1941-1945, there was only one Jonathan Blake born, in Hampshire.
and only one other 1938 to 1948 - a younger one in Croydon.
and then a much older one in Durham.

and of course, you do know the other people who have you in their trees at this site ... ah yes, they all have Garry too.

patchem

patchem Report 19 Jul 2016 20:22

The parents of the Jonathan born in Croydon have fairly distinctive names, and their deaths are fairly obvious on ancestry, plus probate information for the Father.

They married in Wandsworth, and the father died in London City and the Mother in Hertfordshire.

A younger brother to that Jonathan was born in Surrey NE.

Worth checking to see who has them in their trees on here?

Or do you think a birth in 1948 makes him too young?

(Joonie, I think Wokingham is Berkshire not Hampshire)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2016 01:31

heh who hasn't had any sleep in the last couple of days :-)

I copied and pasted Ancestry's silliness

what I have finally figured out happens, when Ancestry's registration district > county correlation makes no sense, is that a volume # switches districts in mid year, and Ancestry doesn't care

I would tend to favour the one born in Wokingham myself, just by age

unfortunately he had no apparent siblings

patchem

patchem Report 20 Jul 2016 06:59

Which marriage do you associate the Wokingham (1941) birth with, as the Wokingham marriage in 1931 is the wrong way round?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2016 21:06

none patchem, that's the problem - the birth looks like the best guess, but there's nothing obvious either backward or forward from it

yes the other-way-around marriage was too bad :-)

there could have been a second marriage in the case of the mother so the marriage would show under a different surname for her

WWII time so there's always that, young widows ...

also wartime would mean that the place of birth might not be where the parents were from

patchem

patchem Report 20 Jul 2016 22:54

Yes, I had similar thoughts, so possibly buy the birth certificate....

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Jul 2016 03:15

It's all I can think of to do, since it seems to be the only birth that fits the timeframe, or at least fits it best.

And actively investigating is almost always the thing that has to be done, if there is no one who might be able to help or willing to share what they know.

With the info on the birth certificate (parents' names most importantly, and also date of birth), more investigation would be possible.

It might lead to info that would rule that person out, but that's something that has so that other possibilities can be looked for.

Penny

Penny Report 21 Jul 2016 16:44

Angel- you refer to your birth mother, suggesting you are adopted. Have you a copy of your original birth cert? At least if he's named, you know he knows you exist. ( not named does not mean the opposite)