Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Baby girl born 27/4/89

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dorothy

dorothy Report 29 Jul 2016 17:26

I am looking for my daughter, born 27/4/89, in Eastbourne east Sussex, when I was just 14 years of age. I called her Jessica , but she has obviously got a new name now as she was adopted out later that year to a couple living in, or near Tunbridge Wells. I am eager to contact her , if she wants to find me. I am posting this in the hopes that somebody may recognize the details, and contact my friend, who has very kindly put the details on here for me, as I am not a member.

Pam

Pam Report 29 Jul 2016 17:52

Have you looked under SEARCH (top right of the page) then Search all trees from the drop down menu to see if Jessica has added herself under her birth name ?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Jul 2016 19:34

You should list your name and her name at the time of her birth on here. If she ever Googles she will see this thread.

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jul 2016 19:57

Have you also contacted the SS who handled the adoption? You could leave a letter on file in case she ever accesses it.

Also, have you added your name to the adoption contact register?
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Ask Dorothy, GR account holder, if they'd kindly add both your name and and Jessica's to their tree, perhaps as her 'sister' and 'niece'. That way, if Jessica or a current relative searches for themselves on this site, they will see the entry and via her, be able to send you a message.

dorothy

dorothy Report 30 Jul 2016 17:41

Thank you for the advice, I will do that.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 10 Aug 2016 19:29

Actually, to the person whose question this is (for whom Dorothy is posting):

You can have your own tree at this site even without being a paying subscriber.

It is free to just put a tree on here.

All you need to put in it is your and your daughter's info.

Then if someone finds it, they will have to pay (just the minimum) but then they will be able to send you a message.

And you will be able to receive messages and reply to messages even if you have never paid for a subscription.

dorothy

dorothy Report 11 Aug 2016 09:37

Thankyou for the information T. B.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Aug 2016 22:51

Have messaged you as I'm not seeing a birth under that name and district that fits.

Rose