Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Moriarty

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 Aug 2016 12:45

Stuart John Couper 23rd April 1969, mother Margaret Anne Moriarty (Ireland), father Neal Couper, (Fife Scotland). Adopted after September 6th 1972. Stuarts birth was registered in Eaton and he was born at the Canadian Red Cross Memorial Hospital, Taplow, Berkshire. Margaret and Neal both lived in Maidenhead at the time of his birth and Neal worked at Maidenhead outdoor swimming pool. I am not 100% sure however Margaret was might have been married at the time of Stuarts birth to Desmond Collins, so her name was possibly Margaret Collins, seems she used her maiden name when registering Stuart. Or she could have already been divorced/separated. Or I may have the wrong Margaret Moriarty all together. I have Stuarts birth certificate and Margaret Moriarty/Collins marriage certificate. I just cannot find her or Neal any where.

We fostered Stuart from May 1969 to September 1972 and I am helping him try and make contact.

Any top tips appreciated. :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Aug 2016 13:32

Has Stuart asked to see his adoption file? This would possibly give him more information which could help him in his search.

His birth is registered in both the Couper and Moriarty surnames which suggests that his parents were not married.

Kath. x

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 Aug 2016 14:25

Hello

We know for sure they were not married. Margaret also had other children adopted, his adoption file only states what we already know.

Thank you!
Tracey

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2016 16:34

Do you have contact with the possible daughter to Collins, assuming that is the right marriage?

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 Aug 2016 17:12

No we have only just found out there was a daughter born 1963. I cant find anything for Margaret Moriarty/Collins, death, divorce, remarriage...

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2016 17:28

There are a number of Margaret A Collins marriages, but would take some eliminating as it's such a common name. If you search trees here someone has the daughter born 1963 in their tree.

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2016 17:33

Sending a possible death for Desmond and a poss marriage for daughter by pm ( see messages top of page)

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 Aug 2016 18:20

Hello, will look for PM, Jacqueline was adopted, I have seen marriages for a Jacqueline Collins however I doubt she has the same name.. Really appreciating your help :)

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2016 18:34

I think having looked at the register, that the Jacqueline who is on the tree here and that marriage are not 'yours' sadly , as coincidentally there was another birth same name, same time. :-(

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Aug 2016 20:09

A lady of that name married in Scotland after 1972.

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 Aug 2016 20:21

Hello, do you have the year and where in Scotland?

Thank you!