Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mother, Fahrnberg, Basingstoke

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 2 Aug 2016 14:20

Looking for a Liselotte Juliana Bak (nee Fahrnberger), could now be Harrison, mother of three children in 1959, left home for whatever reason and hasn't been seen since. Probably popped her mortal coil by now but maybe there's a chance she's still hanging on. Just need to ask a few questions - why? is one of them. Was living in Basingstoke but a record shows an LJ Fahrnberger married again in Liskeard, Cornwall. Is is the same woman I ask

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Aug 2016 14:35

Welcome to the boards John

Might she have remarried using her maiden name ??

??

Liselotte J Fahrnberger in the England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005
Name: Liselotte J Fahrnberger
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1970
Registration district: Liskeard
Inferred County: Cornwall
Spouse: Robert C Harrison
Volume Number: 7a
Page Number: 210

Do you know what year she was born?

Ah, I see you have edited your post to include the marriage in Liskeard, Cornwall.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Aug 2016 14:49

It might be worth your while purchasing a copy of that marriage cert, to see if the information she gives regarding her father, is the same information she gave on the Bak marriage certificate.

The best place to purchase certificates in online here......

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

I'm not seeing a Liselotte J Harrison on the free Electoral Roll.

Prickles. ;o))

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2016 15:04

Nothing showing up on FMP after that marriage, not on e rolls, nor on deaths, or re- marriage... possibly emigrated??

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2016 15:07

Birth given as Austria 1924 on tree just helps when looking for info.

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Aug 2016 15:25

John do you have her exact birth date, just to eliminate a death...don't think it's her as surname is not matching a marriage, but it is is in Cornwall.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Aug 2016 15:32

A shot in the dark.......

R C Harrison in the British Phone Books, 1880-1984
Name: R C Harrison
Address: 15 Beech Rd,Calllngton
Exchange: Liskeard
City/Town: Liskeard
Directory Title: Plymouth / South West Devon / Isles of Scilly / Cornwall
Publication Year: 1984
Directory County: Devon, Cornwall
Page Number: 245

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Aug 2016 19:21

Hi John

To reply on here.........type in the white box at the bottom, then click on "Submit"

Prickles. :-)

John

John Report 2 Aug 2016 19:24

Cheers Prickles
Bit new to this sort of thing so excuse my ignorance. Just asked for a certificate (marriage) from your link you posted. Had to put an exact date on it and I haven't a clue when they got hitched. Hope they search for the year and not just the date

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Aug 2016 19:48

Jolly good John.

It's not easy finding your way around here when you first start out......we all know that.

But hey, do get back to us on here when you receive the certificate.

Hopefully, it will give us a few clues along the way to help you with your search.

Fingers crossed for you!

Prickles. x