Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my Grandfather

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2016 23:18

Hi guys

I'm searching for my grandfather, Sadly I have very little information to go on therefore I'm asking for any help that could lead me to finding him, His name is
Kenneth Sharp could also be spelt (Sharpe)
He has two known sons Gary and Alan, He had a relationship with my grandmother Shelia Sharp I do not know if they were married I assume so, I do not know anything about my grandfather and he left the family home when my father was a young child and my grandmother passed away before I could of asked her anything she left us no further information about Kenneth, She did not tell my father anything and my father did not ask out of respect to his mother, I have been looking and searching for what feels like a life time, I hope my grandfather is still alive but I'm the case that he is not I just want to fill in the gaps and know more about him and his family

As she passed away over 10 years ago now in 2002 I feel like I would love to know about my grandfather

If anyone has any information please please contact me!

Kenneth Sharp or Sharpe
Two known sons Gary and Alan
Partner to Shelia Sharp who was born in 1939 in Lambeth, London, England and died in 2002

Help me find my grandfather
<3

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Aug 2016 23:57

What years were Gary and Alan born please?

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2016 00:05

Just to confirm as the DOB is different is this Sheila's death?

England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Transcription
Print transcription
First name(s) SHEILA
Last name SHARP
Gender Female
Birth day 17
Birth month 2
Birth year 1939
Age -
Death quarter 3
Death year 2002
District LAMBETH
District number 2411A
Register number A57
Entry number 292
Date of registration mm/yy 0802
County London
Country England
Record set England & Wales deaths 1837-2007
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from Great Britain

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 6 Aug 2016 00:09

Do you know your grandmother's maiden name?

I have found a death for a Sheila Sharp in Lambeth in 2002 but she was born in 1939 and not 1937. Is this your grandmother?

If your grandparents were married then either Gary or Alan's birth certificate should give his full name (just in case he has middle names which would help in finding him).

The only Sheila born in Lambeth that I can find whose birth fits with the death record is a Sheila Williams, but I can't find births of a Gary or an Alan with mother's maiden name of Williams.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2016 00:21

EDIT,,,have removed a couple of posts because they were def wrong, as going from what I assume is Jessica's birth have found a more likely Gary and Alan

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2016 00:38

However...there is a marriage for their mother Sheila to Sharp 1958, but his name is not Kenneth.....

Definitely need some more info on dates for Alan and Gary

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2016 00:40

Birth in Camberwell for a Sheila 1939 ties in to the two boys mentioned. ??? and the marriage

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2016 01:10

Jessica, I assume ( if I have the right details) that your father is still alive, does he want to know about his dad?

If you haven't discussed it with him I think you should, before going much further... I say this not to discourage you, but as I think you are a little younger than my son, I feel it might be best to know whether you have family approval, especially if you need to get your father's birth cert for confirmation of the names.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2016 01:12

Hi guys

So my grandmother Shelia sharp however I believe Sharp is her married name and Gosbee her fathers name before she was married, She was born on the 17/02/1939 and died in 2002
She was born in Lambeth, The women who you have the info above is my grandmother

My father Alan Sharp for some reason I can only find when his last name is Alan Sharpe (Spelt with an E) although my grandmother is without an E and my fathers birth certificate is spelt Alan Sharp (No E)

He married Donna Parrish in 1993 in Croydon, Surrey, Donna is my mum

Alan was born on 1965
Gary was born in 1960 I think

My fathers middle name is Kenneth named after his father

However I have no idea when Kenneth was born, where, if he has any other children or re married etc he has no idea I'm alive or even exist yet this man is my grandfather

I'm so upset as my father Alan has no information

<3

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2016 01:14

Hi

Yes my father is aware I'm searching hoewever until I find some solid information he is happy to sit back and allow me to see what I can find, as you can imagine for my dad who has no memory or information on his own father this is quite a hard and emotional time in his life

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2016 01:20

Jessica, can you just remove your father's full date of birth please, leaving just the year ( it can lead to ID theft if you put full dates).

I will message you with the marriage for Sheila Gosbee and some details ...see 'messages' at top of page and when you see an envelope click to read the message

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2016 01:22

Great thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Aug 2016 05:47

Ah so Gary and Alan are the children from the marriage to Sheila :-D

But just to confirm he wasn't a Kenneth. Nor does he have a k as one of his names

It may help to get the marriage cert of Sheila and Mr Sharp for his age and his father's name .you can look for his birth and possible siblings

There are two possible marriages after 1966 on FMP

And sadly a possible 2002 death for a person that may fit and born in 1936

You do need the marriage cert for its info

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 Aug 2016 10:14

Hi Jessica and welcome to GR.

Leonard H Sharp in the London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965
Name: Leonard H Sharp
Year: 1965
County or Borough: Croydon
Ward or Division/Constituency: Croydon South
Street address: 68 Headley Drive, Addington, Croydon

With Sheila Sharp

Does the above address mean anything to you?

It ties in with the birth registration of Alan.

??

Leonard Harvey Sharp in the England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Leonard Harvey Sharp
Birth Date: 27 Oct 1936
Date of Registration: May 2002
Age at Death: 65
Registration district: Lewisham
Inferred County: London
Register Number: C86A
District and Subdistrict: 2421C
Entry Number: 218

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2016 10:23

Hi everyone

We have a shock last night turns out my fathers dad is called Leonard Sharp not Kenneth although we was always told his name is Kenneth! I don't know his middle name but I believe it could be Harvey, I wish there was a way I could get hold of a photograph or a reason behind his death if that is him and he has sadly already died

I can only thank each and every one of you for all your incredible help I'm speechless and we are so grateful!

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2016 10:26

My grandmother was a difficult lady she did not leave any marriage ceririficates infact any photo of Leonard had his head cut out of! I can only assume they separation was not good and therefore she completely cut him out of all of our lives that including my dad and his older brother Gary

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2016 10:28

I'm shocked utterly shocked as I was born in Lewisham! And we live so close to Croydon! Just in a different borough he was so close all this time!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 6 Aug 2016 10:33

Hi Jessica

If the death I posted is your Grandfather........the only way to find out his cause of death would be to purchase a copy of his death certificate. It will also give you information as to who registered his death.(The informant)

The best place to purchase certificates is online here........

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

They cost £9.25

I am not seeing a birth registered for a Leonard H Sharp in England or Wales that ties in with his date of birth on his death registration.

Hopefully, a copy of the marriage certificate to Sheila will give you further information.

Do get back to us when you receive the certificate.

Prickles. x

Flip

Flip Report 6 Aug 2016 11:25

SHARP LEONARD HARVEY 05 August 2002 999812 (death date)15 May 2002 Grant only London

Probate record if death is correct - no will though, just grant of administration, so probably wouldn't give much info

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2016 13:32

Cert references and details of cert costs sent last night,

Good luck Jessica, my subscription here runs out tonight so I won't be able to comment after that ( unless you send me a message) but will look in to see how you got on when you rec' certs. :-)