Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

updated rogers family ontario canada

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

malyon

malyon Report 22 Aug 2016 11:28

I am posting this for a lady I know if you can help please

.i am looking for my 3 cousins there mum was my dads sister her name was Jean grant she came from paisley Renfrewshire in Scotland,she married a gentleman called jack Rodgers and they moved to Canada to live,they went on to have 3 girls Janice,Linda,and heather we haven't heard or seen anything of them in around 35 years I know this might get no were but it would just be so nice if I could find them my dad is Arthur grant please share for me I would be so grateful

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2016 12:19

Years of births?? Was your Rogers in the title a typo as the body of the text says Rodgers.
Was Jack his registered name or a derivation of John/something else?

As the post includes the phrase "please share for me" , are you re-posting from another site? There's nothing wrong with doing that although it helps to know

malyon

malyon Report 22 Aug 2016 12:31

the lady will send me details later will let you know thank you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Aug 2016 12:33

Original source

https://www.facebook.com/margaret.grant.71/posts/10206652663056148

Can you go back and ask the additional questions? Point them in the direction of Scotlandspeople to find the MC. Also point out that online passenger lists end at 1935. Ask where they were last known to have lived.

As you are aware from using the boards, Canadian BMD are notoriously difficult to find due to their privacy laws. If the girls have married, there is little that can be done.

Look for cemetery records in the last known location if its likely the parents have died. Also the online phone book http://www.canada411.ca/

EDIT - sorry, was typing etc at the same time as you

malyon

malyon Report 22 Aug 2016 21:19

just heard from Margaret

jean their mother was born about 1934

I would love to find them the 3 girls are aged between 50 to early 60 I don't have much information except there names are Janice heather and Linda Rodgers was there maiden name,there mum and dad was from Paisley and Janice was born there they then moved out to Canada to live Ontario I believe we're heather and Linda were born my dad is very poorly at the moment and I thought if I could find them for my dad even a chat on a phone would be so lovely

malyon

malyon Report 23 Aug 2016 12:20

new information

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Aug 2016 14:40

Not that helpful.

Scotlandspeople are offering 20 free credits with code summer16 - get her to investigate exactly when Jean Grant married, then when Janice was born.

You as well as anyone know how important dates/years are.

There is one result for the free search on Janice Rodgers starting at 1954 - that's in 1959. Is that likely? As she says the other childen were born in Canada, we can assume that they emigrated after 1959.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Aug 2016 14:52

There are NO marriages for a Jack Rodgers 1950-1959 which does suggest that Jack was not his registered name.
In the same period, there a total of 54 marriages for a Jean Grant.
It is not possible to manipulate SP to see the surname of the opposite party with out paying to view the reg details.
20 Free credits should do it.

malyon

malyon Report 23 Aug 2016 15:53

thank you for your help detective will let Margaret know

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Aug 2016 16:28

Thanks for the tip Detective, I just got 20 credits!

I have been searching the Canadian voters' lists at Ancestry (up to 1974) but cannot find a Jean Rodgers living with a Jack or any of the girls' names.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Aug 2016 16:55

Jean McCormac GRANT married John RODGER 1952 Paisley

(edit, see below - her name was Jeanne, I copied it wrongly as Jean)

still no luck finding them on the voters' lists ... but keep in mind that the machine transcription is terrible ... one couple, William and Jean Rodgers, are transcribed as William Rudgers and Jean Rodger ...

since the last year available is 1974, they may not have become citizens by then and the daughters would not have been voting age

malyon please tell your friend that the name seems to be RODGER and not RodgerS?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Aug 2016 17:02

If its Rodger without the S, then the 1959 birth may be incorrect :-0

malyon

malyon Report 23 Aug 2016 17:10

past your findings on to Margret thank you for your help

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Aug 2016 17:14

the oldest child is probably the birth the year after the marriage in the same place, and the next child 3 year later, in Paisley

I spent another credit :-)

Names are

Janice Anne
Linda Frances

which could help

malyon

malyon Report 23 Aug 2016 18:24

thank you for finding names and using your credits

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Aug 2016 18:41

all the credits I have at the moment come from free offers, and don't help me much myself, so spread 'em around!

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Aug 2016 19:00

I copied the info from scotlandspeople wrong ... she was JEANNE GRANT

The family -- John, Jeanne M, Janice A and Linda F -- travelled to Canada in 1957, Liverpool to Montreal

They are on the voters' list in Sarnia Ontario but I can't find therm in the last available year, 1974

Odds are they stayed there.

Margaret could write to the newspapers in Sarnia, there are weekly community newspapers that tend to publish that sort of thing I would say

google

sarnia ontario newspaper

for links

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Aug 2016 19:02

and here is the bad news ...

http://tinyurl.com/hd47w3v

RODGER, Jack 1925 - 2004
RODGER, Jeanne M. 1929 - 1994

Lakeview Cemetery
Street Address: 1016 Colborne Rd
Community: Sarnia
Township: Sarnia Township
Locality: Lambton County
Municipality: Sarnia
Province: ON

Canadian telephone directories at Ancestry for 1995-2002 list only John in Sarnia (and a Rev Thomas Rodger not likely related).

malyon

malyon Report 23 Aug 2016 19:21

Margaret said thank you and that is them

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Aug 2016 19:23

No luck at all finding any record of the daughters on line but I might still suggest a letter to a community newspaper looking for people who know the family.

Tell Margaret she is welcome and sorry to bear the bad news.