Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for a Kimberley Welsh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 28 Aug 2016 22:23

I am searching on behalf of a friend for her sister Kimberley Welsh. She was born in November 1966 in Milton, Glasgow. her mother was called Patricia, and she lived in Vallay Street. They have never met and she may not be going by the name of Kimberley or Welsh. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Aug 2016 23:27

If she kept her original name, did she have a middle name?

A Kimberley Jane Welsh married in a couple of years ago in Fort William. I can send you the details if you think that might be her.
EDIT: No, that's not her - that's a younger person.

On the other hand, I'm assuming she was adopted as a baby, and therefore may have a totally different name now.

If your friend has not already done so, she should register with an adoption contact register. Then if Kimberley should also be looking for relatives, they would help to put her in touch.

http://tinyurl.com/hngsu9g
(Scroll down to "Contacting your birth relatives")

EDIT:
Sorry - I misread your message - I thought you meant Kimberley and her mother had never met, implying that she had been adopted at birth. But of course you mean Kimberley and her sister.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Aug 2016 09:48

However -

Scotlands People doesn't show any birth of a Kimberly Welsh in Glasgow in 1966-7.

The nearest variant spelling would be a Kimberley Jean Wallace.