Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Taylor NOW FOUND THANKS TO ROSE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ron2

Ron2 Report 24 Oct 2016 19:46

I'm trying to help an old army mate out (Fred Gogin) from Croydon, who served with the Sappers in the 1960s. He was a long time mate of a John Taylor from Croydon also a Sapper and who was serving in Singapore in 1963/64. John went on to marry Carole Wayne, also from Croydon and is believed to have lived in March, Cambridge. John would have been born about 1942 - give or take a bit

I have sent a msg few minutes ago to a John Taylor on here but.................

Ron2

Ron2 Report 24 Oct 2016 20:45

Have found 2 possibles living in March and sent addys and tele numbers to my mate. So will wait and see

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 25 Oct 2016 12:31

Hope you find him Ron2,

Ron2

Ron2 Report 26 Oct 2016 20:48

Thank you Sylvia. Have found a "strong" possible on 192 with another lesser possible. Passed data to mates wife but she's having memory probs etc. We shall see

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 Oct 2016 21:55

Not seeing a marriage for a Carole Wayne to John Taylor.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Oct 2016 16:53

Have sent you a link to his Facebook page.

Rose

Ron2

Ron2 Report 27 Oct 2016 22:10

Rose - thank you, very much appreciated. It is the guy I was seeking. Only online at night hence not a quick response to you. Would love to know how you found him on Face Book as I had searched on there last night (I've been a member of FB for many years) and he didnt come up at all. I viewed his details then info'd mates wife via her FB page and put Johns pic and some data in the post and she confirmed tis him. To make it easy for mates wife I put your link in a post on her FB page so now we're all awaitng a response to msgs/friendship requests. Besides being a school friend of mate he was mates best man at wedding in 1967 so hopefully he'll be at their 50th next year.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Oct 2016 23:04

Hi Ron,

Glad it worked out. I found Carol's birth and then searched for her twin brother and his children on Facebook. Took a look in their friends' lists to find Taylors.

Rose