Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John (Jake) Allan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

llea52

llea52 Report 14 Nov 2016 00:46

I'm trying to find relatives of the late John Allan, known as Jake, from Aberdeen. The last known address I have for him was Logie Gardens, Aberdeen in 1950. Any information would be much appreciated.
Lesley

patchem

patchem Report 14 Nov 2016 07:58

About how old was he in 1950?

Think we need a little more information, as there are lots of John Allans out there.

Added:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1357940

Did you try the ER's and attempt to contact anyone on this site?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Nov 2016 21:18

Googling "Jake Allan, Aberdeen" brought up the following result:

john (jake) allan - Herrera Web Site - MyHeritage
https://www.myheritage.com/person-1500163_239928251.../john-jake-allan
john (jake) allan. ... Died: In: Aberdeen, Scotland ... hannah allan (born gordon) His wife. christina brown leith (born allan) His daughter ...

Clicking on the link produces this:

http://tinyurl.com/z4xu8fg

If you sign up to MyHeritage (free for 14 days) you'd be able to see all the details.
Do you recognise the wife's and daughter's names?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Nov 2016 21:23

There's also a tree on Ancestry which has that John "Jake" Allan with wife and daughter in it.

That man was born 1876 in Aberdeenshire. That would make him 74 in 1950, if it's the same person. Is that feasible?

The daughter Christina died 1971, according to the Ancestry tree.
She had married Arthur Leith in 1938, and they had a son, not named on the tree.

There were two other daughters, Hannah, who died in Australia in 1994 - no marriage mentioned - and Johnann R Allan, born 1901 (no other details).
Two sons, William 1904, and David 1906 - the tree owner hasn't listed deaths for them, but presumably they are both deceased by now

The tree owner hasn't listed wives or children for either of the sons, and sadly they have common names, so pinpointing marriages or deaths, will be a challenge to put it mildly, especially as we don't know where they lived .

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Nov 2016 21:35

Per ScotlandsPeople, Johnann died unmarried in Aberdeen in 1943

llea52

llea52 Report 13 Dec 2016 12:58

Thank you all for your help. All that I know about John Allan was that in 1950 he lived in Logie Gardens, Aberdeen and was a dairy worker. I don't know how old he was, but was probably born about 1920. I'm not sure when he died - either 1950's or 1960's.

Again, thanks for your help.

Lesley