Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles beddows

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 22 Nov 2016 11:27

Hi I'm looking for my grandad my mothers father.. he had to give my mum up for adoption as my mothers mother married.. my mothers mother also won't help with our search, giving us very limited information.. all we know that we hope to b true is.. he goes by the name of Charles Richard Beddows.. he was in the merchant navy..has a large family and from Wolverhampton.. mayb in his 80's my mother was born in1967.. and is longing to find her dad and maybe brothers and sisters.. please any information or help would b much appreciated..

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 22 Nov 2016 15:57

Hi Zoe

There are 2 marriages for Charles R Beddows, one in 1966 and the other in 1972. The first to Patricia and the 2nd to a Pamela. Do either of these match with the info you have?

Mary

malyon

malyon Report 22 Nov 2016 17:29

sent pm with possible address

Zoe

Zoe Report 22 Nov 2016 18:22

Hi Mary thank you for the msg and the information.. but I wouldn't know if he married.. as my Nan won't tell us anything.. all I no is what I have wrote and that he didn't Marry her. It's really hard to find someone wen you no so little.. just want to find him for my mums sake.. as she hasn't really got any family through being cut off and bad cercumstances.. ??

Zoe

Zoe Report 22 Nov 2016 18:23

Thank you Mallon I'll look into it

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 22 Nov 2016 21:18

Starting point is your mother's name an her dob...

Jude

Kay????

Kay???? Report 22 Nov 2016 22:54

Posted by Options
Post Date
Joanne Joanne Report 25 Apr 2004 16:26
Hi, My name is Joanne Beddows.I was born in wolverhampton.1967 My mothers name is ???? ,and my fathers name Charles Beddows.Trying to trace any family on my fathers side.My Father was in the Merchant Navy,and came from a large family in walsaw,wolverhampton....

If correct the birth is in Beddow.and may have been given misleading information.?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 22 Nov 2016 23:21

Joanne's birth is not registered under Beddows.

Does she have her adoption file? Might be more info. there?

Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 22 Nov 2016 23:47

Thats correct Rose,,,,,,,but lists herself as such which was/is confusing,

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Nov 2016 18:47

My mums dob is 23/12/67 she changed her name bk to Beddows once finding out her adopted dad wasn't her dad.. her name was walker.. her mums name was cove... I no this in confusing.. it is for me aswel..

Zoe

Zoe Report 23 Nov 2016 20:13

The Charles r Beddows who son is Gideon Beddows is not the one.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Nov 2016 21:01

There is this Charles Richard Beddow (without the "s") in the 1939 register:-

Beddow Household (4 People)
19 Paddock Lane , Walsall C.B., Staffordshire, England

FIRST NAME(S) LAST NAME(S) DOB SEX OCCUPATION MARITAL STATUS SCHEDULE SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER

Charles Richard Beddow 28 May 1923 Male Grinder Single 11 3
Richard Beddow 02 May ? (possibly 1900) Male ? (possibly moulder) Brass Married 11 1
Mary Ann Beddow 08 Jul 1899 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 11 2
Edith May Pearce (Beddow) 26 Feb 1926 Female School Single 11 4

Could this be the one you are looking for?

Kath. x

Zoe

Zoe Report 24 Nov 2016 06:58

Hi kath, thank you for your help...Could be kath, is there any contact information available... ??

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Nov 2016 10:34

Sadly there isnt,

CHARLES RICHARD
Last name BEDDOW
Gender Male
Birth day 28
Birth month 5
Birth year 1923
Age -
Death quarter 3
***Death year 1990***
District WALSALL
Register number 990
County Staffordshire
Volume 34
Page 348
Country England
Record set England & Wales deaths 1837-2007
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from Great Britain.

Zoe

Zoe Report 24 Nov 2016 10:54

Oh so frustrating :-(

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Nov 2016 00:10

You could order the 1990 death certificate and see who the informant was. It could be a relative of Charles and there may be an address. Although this was quite a while ago yo might be able to follow the informant through electoral registers up to the present date.

Kath. x