Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Charlton's living around Croydon Qld

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dannielle

Dannielle Report 24 Nov 2016 22:05

I am looking for any Charlton's that were born at Croydon or Croydon Station, as I;m trying to do our Family Tree.

Also looking around Nananago if you had relatives in & around Nanango Qld Australia

The relation that I'm currently stuck on is Frank Charlton.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Nov 2016 22:50

Dannielle - its unlikely that anyone related will stumble upon this thread in the near future. Try Search All Member Trees - top left under Search to see if anyone else lists the names you're interested in. If they are, use the 'find out more' button to send them a message.

Although Australian privacy laws mean that more recent records aren't in the public domain, we might be able to help to a certain degree.

When was Frank Charlton born and what are the most recent records you have of him?

Valerie

Valerie Report 25 Nov 2016 02:37

Dannielle - you could contact the 'QLD State Library' (on-line) - it has an 'Ask Us' librarian service - they will help trace your relative/s. They will check their electoral rolls -past & present - and newspaper death notices etc.
Excellent service.

Valerie
WAus

Valerie

Valerie Report 25 Nov 2016 02:52

Cont:
The 'RYERSON INDEX' (on-line) has newspaper death records to present day. It does show a Frank Charlton death 18/3/1987 - 'age 59' in the 'Gold Coast Bulletin' 27/3/1987. If this is of interest - they will do a 'look-up' of this newspaper notice for family names etc. (plus any other newspaper shown)

Valerie
W Aus