Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Terence Delaney /1949 gateshead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 6 Jan 2017 22:39

looking for any information or family links to terence delaney born 1949 in Gateshead tyne and wear.
Son of Patrick Delaney born kilkenny Ireland and Alice Dickinson

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jan 2017 00:53

Ian - Assuming Terence is still living and, baring accidents or illness he should be, please edit your post to remove the exact date of birth as it could be considered an invasion of his privacy.

If this is linked to your thread re child maintenance, can we assume that last known contact was in or about 1968 in the Gateshead area?

According to freebmd, https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl he had 5 sibling born 1945 - 1959. It might be easier to find one of those.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jan 2017 01:04

Unfortunately his eldest brother died as an infant -posting to avoid duplication of research

MALCOLM J
Last name DELANEY
Gender Male
Birth year 1946
Age 0
Death quarter 1
Death year 1946
District GATESHEAD
County Durham
Volume 10A
Page 1013

Try searching all members trees - top right under Search - for all of the family names. If anyone lists them, send a message using the 'find out more' button.
Be sensitive as they may not be aware of your existence.

Ian

Ian Report 7 Jan 2017 01:43

hey again thank you for the help - took your advise and edited my original post

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jan 2017 14:13

Having had the chance of a proper look,..

The sister born 1958 married a Mr Edwards in 1976.
Its possible that they had 3 daughters 1976,1979 & 1986

The sister born 1951 married a Mr Endlich in 1970
They seemed to have had 1 daughter in 1971.
There is no further trace of them. Might they have moved abroad?

Will PM suggestions.

Trying to get a handle on this - could this be Terence's mother on the 1939 Register? We know she married Patrick in 1945.

265 High Street , Gateshead C.B., Durham, England

First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Alice Harris (Delaney,Dickinson) 29 Jul 1924 Female Cotton Sewing Machinist Single 385 4
James Dickinson 03 Jul 1896 Male Coal Cutter On Compensation Married 385 1
Maggie Dickinson 27 Jan 1896 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married

The entry tells us that she was originally a Dickinson, then married a Delaney and died while using the name Harris.

If we can find a record of her death, its possible that the informant is a Delaney child.

Here it is

ALICE
Last name HARRIS
Gender Female
Birth day 29
Birth month 7
Birth year 1924
Death quarter 3
Death year 1994
District GATESHEAD
District number 0511A
Register number A59F
Entry number 221
Date of registration mm/yy 0794
County Durham

If you felt it to be useful, you could order a copy of her DC and keep your fingers crossed that Mr Harris wasn't the informant.

Ian

Ian Report 8 Jan 2017 00:38

such a job well done and a lesson in what can be done i guess,, And in a short time!
i also got your message which i'll reply to but really wanted to thank you publically, as it were.

i do think the certificate as you say may lead further but, i must say to see the professions somehow bring the people to life.... make them more real.
through my own past research i found that patrick delaney ... my grandfather came from kilkenny in ireland and sadly he died in 1968 , the year i was born! any ideas on research those irish records would be thankfully received.
i understand that research in ireland can be difficult.

patchem

patchem Report 8 Jan 2017 07:00

Is this Patrick's death?

Deaths Jun 1968
Delaney Patrick 47 Gateshead 1a 704

Have you got the marriage certificate for the name and profession of Patrick's Father?

Marriages Mar 1945
Delaney Patrick Dickinson Gateshead 10a 1833
Dickinson Alice Delaney Gateshead 10a 1833

Ian

Ian Report 8 Jan 2017 10:59

That would be a good idea, the marriage certificate of patrick and alice to get the profession of parents. would that also show the address in kilkenny i'm wondering

just looked here for info on certificate http://support.vitalcertificates.co.uk/article/59-what-information-is-on-a-uk-marriage-certificate

and don't think i would trace the kilkenny address that way but it would show a lot getting the marriage certificate.
That like looks a useful one for info

Ian

Ian Report 8 Jan 2017 11:09

i have patrick delaney parents as John Delaney and Kate Harty both will be circa 1800
and must have been born/married in Ireland probable in the Kilkenny area
This info through a family member but don't really know where to start with records in southern ireland at that time. Anyone know?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jan 2017 13:02

Most recent known overseas address for Mrs Endlich sent by PM.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jan 2017 13:38

Could this be Kate/Catherine?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Kerry/Killehenny/Doon__East/271478/

Harty Timothy 45 Male Head of Family R Catholic Co Kerry Farmer Read write - Married - - 4 4
Harty Mary 44 Female Wife R Catholic Co Kerry - Read write - Married - 18 4 4
Harty Catherine 17 Female Daughter R Catholic Co Kerry Scholar Read write - Single - - - -
Harty Margret 11 Female Daughter R Catholic Co Kerry Scholar Read write - Single - - - -
Harty Richard 6 Male Son R Catholic Co Kerry Scholar Read - Single - - - -

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Jan 2017 21:15

Ian is now in contact with his Auntie Endlich who was pleased to hear from him. Unfortunately we aren't that much forward in tracing Terence.

Ian

Ian Report 9 Jan 2017 23:31

And the contact is thanks to +++DetEcTive+++ who has done a fantastic bit of work on this.
Unfortunately nothing, as already said, on Terence yet But a whole lot closer than i was a short time ago.
My Aunt whom i've now got contact with has not heard from him in many years it seams and lives in another continent, so Again if anyone does have anything or can add anything at anytime please feel free to jump forward with any information or suggestions.

Big thank you to +++DetEcTive+++
:-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Jan 2017 23:51

T'was 'luck' as much as anything else.

As it stands, it might still be worth purchasing a copy of your grandmother Alice's DC. If one of her Delaney children was the informant, it should give their 1994 address. It would then be possible to trace that address on the historical ER to see who else was living there. They might be current relatives etc etc.

You probably already know that BMD certs should be bought from the GRO at a cost of £9.25.
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp

patchem

patchem Report 10 Jan 2017 07:15

Probably you have done this, but does Auntie Endlich maintain contact with her sister (married Mr Edwards)or any of her other siblings, who might know more of Terence?

Ian

Ian Report 10 Jan 2017 11:11

yeah as i can gather so far Auntie Endlich has not had contact for many years but i tread softly as you must in these circumstance.

i have just ordered copies of both patrick delaney and alice's death certificates (which cost £18.50 for the two with slow delivery)
ordered these to firstly show patricks place of birth, which may well help the trace back
with more surety.
And Alice's to find the informant details. trying to go back to go forward i guess

The DC will probably take 3 weeks to arrive :-|

Ian

Ian Report 16 Jan 2017 15:46

Just found out my Father Terence Delaney joined the R.A.F in September of 1968
anyone with any suggestion around getting the service records?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Jan 2017 16:07

Not sure if you'll be able to, unless he was named on your BC. Even then, you'd need written permission from either himself, or his surviving widow if he is deceased. Try writing to the address on the link for guidance. If they say it's possible, you can complete the forms & send £30.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/contact-us.cfm