Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry and Mary Smith around Exeter Devon England

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 13 Jan 2017 13:22

Hello all,

I am looking for any information regarding Henry and Mary Smith. My great grandmother came to America April 27,1946. Her name was Doreen Smith till she married before coming to the states in which she was Doreen Smith Vines. She birthed one daughter before leaving. Her name was Jean A. Vines. The record I found on ancestry about the marriage between Doreen and James Edward took place in St.Germans. Jean would of been born sometime in 1945. Doreen was born October 21,1924. I did find record on freebmd, the original documents states births from quarter 4. The mothers maiden name on this record is Taylor. Which is the same maiden name I found on a birth record at genes reunited. Someone did post on ancestry that they believed Mary remarried after Henry passed. She may have changed her last name to Book. Ancestry has information up until Ellis Island, were Doreen and Jean first came to America. Unfortunately, this is where the information stops. I do not have birth dates for Henry and Mary. I do not know if they have siblings. Or anything. I would very much like to have information on ancestors and any living relatives that may be looking for a long lost cousin :-D. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 13 Jan 2017 14:21

Doreen would of went on to have two sons James Edward Vines Jr, and Edward Vines and four daughters Ovelia, Brenda, Hilda, and Jean.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jan 2017 15:01

Duplicate post or, rather, very similar. You'd be better off adding any additional request to that one.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1364211