Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find my father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amber

Amber Report 29 Jan 2017 21:06

hi. my name is amber-claire marriott. i was born in Reading, Berkshire in december 1987. I am trying to find my father. I believe that his name is Mark Hepple, he was born in the 60's and he spent a significant amount of time living in the newcastle area. I was also told he may have been in the army stationed at a garrison in the south of england during the 80's.

I have messaged someone on here but i have received no reply. any help i could get with this would be wonderful.

Thank you to all in advance

malyon

malyon Report 29 Jan 2017 21:17

there is a mark L hepple born in Newcastle 1963

malyon

malyon Report 29 Jan 2017 21:21

if its the one above he was on the electrol list only till 2002

Amber

Amber Report 29 Jan 2017 22:18

im unsure of his middle name unfortunately. :(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2017 23:20

If we were able to find him, would he be aware of your existence? For instance, even if he isn't named on your birth certificate, did he pay maintenance towards your up-keep?

The Hepples might still live at the address malyon found. Its difficult to be sure as not many of the properties in that road have been sold in the last 20 years or so. That tends to suggest that they are rented.

Have you searched All member Trees - top right under Search?
3 members have Mark Hepple 1963 +/- 1 in their trees, 2 of whom also have the surname Hepple.
Click on the Find out more button to send the tree owners a message, but please be discrete. A suggestion would be to ask if 'their' Mark spent time in the Reading area around the time of your conception. You could mention that 'Mark' was a good friend of your (named) mother.

Amber

Amber Report 29 Jan 2017 23:23

he did not pay maintenance, but he would most definitely know who i am

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2017 23:36

I've added while you were posting!

Amber

Amber Report 29 Jan 2017 23:41

i have messaged one, i was very reserved in what i wrote but put enough for it to make sense if it is the right M.Hepple. i have not got a reply

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2017 23:51

Give it time - not everyone checks their internet everyday. You can see if its been accessed by looking in your Sent Message box. Unread ones have an envelope icon next to them.
Unfortunately, GR never deletes dormant accounts. That means that if someone has lost interest and changed their email address, message notifications would be lost in the ether.

There are no Hepples linked to the ER address in the phone book http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/ although there are several in the Newcastle-upon-Tyne area. Its possible that some may be related, so may be worth writing a letter? What ever you do, don't phone as you've no idea how old or frail they are.
It possible that the people he was living with in 2002 were his parents. They were married in the early 1950s so could have been born sometime in the 1920s

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jan 2017 00:00

Look for his 1963 birth on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl and make a note of his mother's maiden name.
Then search for marriages between a Hepple and the maiden name 1951-1963.
The first result 1951 has the first names of the people he could have been living with in 2002.

He may have siblings, but you'll notice that there are 2 other Hepple/mmn marriages in the same area.

To search for births for those couples, select births, enter Hepple and the mother's maiden name and a year range 1951-1970. Although there are quite a few, its almost impossible to tell if they are brothers & sisters rather than possible cousins

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jan 2017 00:03

If he's Mark L, his parents are now dead but he had 3 siblings.

http://www.bmdsonline.co.uk/evening-chronicle-&-the-journal/memorial/mary-elizabeth-hepple/31026294?s_source=tmne_evch

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jan 2017 00:12

Found the above Mark on Facebook. Will send you the link.

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jan 2017 00:15

That's helped sort out the siblings, Rose, and confirmed the name of his wife.
I can only find one child from that marriage on FMP - named after his father b1989. It makes you wonder if it was the grandson listed on the ER rather than the son.
Edit - that's not right as the son wouldn't have been old enough to vote.

Amber

Amber Report 30 Jan 2017 11:03

i contacted the one found by rose on facebook. it was sadly not my father. the search continues. i do appreciate your assistance

Kay????

Kay???? Report 30 Jan 2017 17:09

What about the 1964 Durham birth,?

Some of the siblings were Newcastle registered.