Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my Uncle Francis (Frank) Inglis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Mar 2017 13:12

Hi,

I am trying to find my Uncle Francis Inglis. I have recently lost my father and wanting to make sense of his family, who I never met? I would really like to be able to find his youngest brother Francis, as, it would be amazing if he is still alive and maybe, he could answer some family questions, that I would love to know? I am not sure if he is alive, but any help on this would be so gratefully received.

Francis Inglis: Born 19th of October 1939 to John Inglis and Catherine Inglis ( Carroll) He was born in Glasgow. He lived in Glasgow and as a young man married an English lady and they both settled in England, not sure where? I know that they had twins. Unfortunately this is all I know.

If anyone can help, please do and maybe, just maybe I can find out what happened to Francis(Frank)?

Thank you so much
Caroline Inglis

Maddie

Maddie Report 19 Mar 2017 16:42

just in case

Frank
Last name Inglis
Age 71
Birth year 1939
Death year 2010
Burial ground Beath New Cemetery
County Fifeshire
Country Scotland
Notes For further information on this individual and a possible photograph of the grave or memorial, please contact the licensor at www.scottish-monumental-inscriptions.com
Record set Scotland Monumental Inscriptions Index
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from Great Britain

Scottish Monumental Inscriptions

copyright Scottish Monumental Inscriptions

there is a marriage in 1955 in northumberland for a francis r ingls
and a birth in 1960 in northumberland, if that is him. But he would have only been 16

FreeBMD Home Page
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Mar 2017 16:57

There is a marriage in Glasgow in 1965 on Scotlands People

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Mar 2017 17:22

Hi Maddie, Thank you so much for sending the details of the grave for a Frank Inglis. I will be sure to check that out. I am sure though, that Frank settled in England. I am not sure of the name of his wife. She was English. Thank you also for the marriage in Northumberland. He did not had a middle name, was a Francis Inglis. Thank you for your help!

Shirley I'm getting the hang of it. I am living in England myself and can't get to the Mitchell Library, unless I am visiting family. The marriage on Scotland's people I can check when I am next visiting Glasgow. I use the Scotland's People website, So I will check that out. All help so wonderful. Thank you

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Mar 2017 17:31

There is a good chance Francis married in England?

patchem

patchem Report 19 Mar 2017 18:20

After that 1965 Glasgow marriage, there looks to be birth of twins (boys) in Hull in 1965, and a daughter in 1971 (according to free bmd.)

Added.
Family could still be there according to 192.com ER's

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Mar 2017 18:23

Hi Patcham, That sounds like it could be possibly be him? I should check out Free bmd. Does it say what their names are? Thank you so much for your help!

patchem

patchem Report 19 Mar 2017 18:24

Will send by pm.

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Mar 2017 18:27

Thank you so much Patcham!

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Mar 2017 01:01

Thank you everyone for your help and time! it looks like I have found my Uncle and I could not have done this without the most helpful people on this site. Thanks again for all your help!

Caroline x <3