Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Or Christopher/Chris Macgreggor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shannon

Shannon Report 14 Apr 2017 17:51

Looking for my long lost dad John Macgregor and also my half brother Christopher Macgregor... Christopher may have a different last name as i have never met him. Only found out about him when i found a baby card to me from christopher. Last known address of my dad was Edinburgh. Any help would be great

Shannon

Shannon Report 14 Apr 2017 18:36

Hi there, I thinkhe was born in Edinburgh roughly march to april 1968 or there abouts as my mum cant mind his birthday but remebered he was an aries lol Sorry i dont really have that much information aas mum cant remember anything.

patchem

patchem Report 14 Apr 2017 22:21

Welcome to genesreunited, Shannon.

Just for info:

Aries (born March 21 – April 19) or thereabouts.

Can your Mother remember any parents or siblings for John, or anything more about Christopher?

Daniel

Daniel Report 14 Apr 2017 23:37

I took a look on ScotlandsPeople and the only John Macgregor I could find born in 1968 in the Edinburgh area was:
-
Surname: MACGREGOR
Forename(s): JOHN BRYAN
Year: 1968
Ref: 685/3 10
Registration District: Canongate and Portobello
-
Is this him?

patchem

patchem Report 15 Apr 2017 07:14

There are other John MacGregor's and John McGregor's born from 1966 to 1970 in Edinburgh. How sure are you of the spelling and year?

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 15 Apr 2017 11:16

Hi Shannon

Do you know of a Christopher with the same surname as yours - is he related?

Mary

Shannon

Shannon Report 18 Apr 2017 11:07

Hi everyone i know that Johns middle name is Alistair/Alisdair. Im not 100% sure if he was born in 1968 im just going on my mums birthday. My mum reckons there was a few years between them but she cant remember. Mum says the John had a brother called Keith and a sister but she inst sure of her name. Also im not sure if Christopher has my dads last name or his mums last name. Thank you very much for all of your replies.

Shannon

Shannon

Shannon Report 18 Apr 2017 11:10

Also johns mothers name was helen. But i dont know her maiden name or anything.

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 18 Apr 2017 19:31

I think that the spelling of the surname that you are looking for is McGregor and not MacGregor.

There is a record of a birth in Edinburgh of a John Alister McGregor born in 1964.

There is also a record of a birth of a Keith Thomas McGregor born in 1970 again in the Edinburgh area.

There is a record of a Christopher John McGregor born in 1998 again in the Edinburgh area.

You would have to purchase the birth certificates to confirm that you are on the right track as they are not available on line

Regards,

Doug.

Shannon

Shannon Report 18 Apr 2017 21:48

Oh thank you very much my mum was sure it was MacGregor but i could very well be McGregor.

Thanks
Shannon