Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Decsendants of George WHITE and Rosina HAWKINS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 18 Jun 2017 14:55

Hi folks

A bit of a stab in the dark here, but I'll give it a go.

Rosina Hawkins (daughter of George Hwakins and Mary Ann Crew, born 1884, Ystrad Rhondda, Glamorgan) married George White (bon 1884, Winscombe, Somerset, son of George White and Eliza Stevens), on 26 Dec 1906 in Treorchy, Glamorgan.

The 1911 UK Census lists them living at 70 High Street, Treorchy, with no offspring listed. However, a check of the 1918 and 1920 Electoral Rolls for Treorchy and other nearby pit villages shows no sign of them.

I'm hoping this message will be seen by living descendants or, failing that, members of George's family, who will be able to furnish me with much-appreciated further information, such as dates of death and/or children's names and birthdates. Rosina is the last one of her siblings whose death I am yet to track down.

Many thanks in advance.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Jun 2017 15:52

Have you searched other people's trees to see if anyone else on Genes has her in their tree?

Have you discounted this death (age at death is only as accurate as the information given by the informant):-

First name(s) ROSINA
Last name WHITE
Gender Female
Birth day -
Birth month -
Birth year 1882
Age 81
Death quarter 2
Death year 1963
District West Glamorgan
County Glamorganshire
Volume 8B
Page 763
Country Wales
Record set England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jun 2017 16:37

Have you checked on freebmd to see if there are any possible children

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jun 2017 16:52

Two birth entries
HAWKINS, ROSINA CREW
GRO Reference: 1882 J Quarter in PONTYPRIDD Volume 11A Page 414

HAWKINS, ROSINA CREW
GRO Reference: 1884 S Quarter in PONTYPRIDD Volume 11A Page 486

First one dies as a baby
Deaths Jun 1883
HAWKINS Rosina 1 Pontypridd 11a. 256

So she hadn't had another birthday before she passed away

Year of birth were just calculated then by death years and age at death , if the person hadn't had a birthday that year then the birth looks a year out

malyon

malyon Report 18 Jun 2017 17:16

this looks like the death of rosina born 1882

Deaths Jun 1883   (>99%)

HAWKINS
 Rosina
 Pontypridd
 11a

perhaps they had another child and called her rosina 1884

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jun 2017 18:15

Already posted that Malyon

:-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jun 2017 19:34

You have another thread on this family

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1366586

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Jun 2017 14:28

Hi folks. Thanks for answering.

KAth- I've not managed to rule out any deaths at all yet, as I cant-t be sure where they ended up. Even the 1939 Register was unhelpful, as I can't be sure they were still alive. That's why I've gone out on a limb, hoping that someone related to them will see this thread.

Shirley, as you correctly identified, there were two girls called Rosina born to the sa,e Hawkins family - the one who died as a child is buried with her parents at Treorchy cemetery, according to another cousin of mine. The other thread you mention is focused on finding a possible second marriage for Rosina's mither.