Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

3rd Battalion,Rifle Brigade,(Prince Consorts Own)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 23 Sep 2013 17:27

My great grandfather Henry Cole (1995-1918) fought with the RB but was KIA on 24Oct 1918.All I have is his medal record and his entry with the CWGC.I have traced his brigades movements in that last month by consulting their war diary held at National Archives at kew but want to know more!For instance he was a 17 year old shop assistant in Stratford Essex when war broke so did the RB have their own enrollment centre there or did he just enrol at a central point and be allocated to a particular regiment when he had finished his training?Any other websites worth perusing?Any other members want to share some experiences of their ancestors?
Steve C